• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TonyP
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Why has Jamie Burnett not travelled .
    He often speaks of how he can't be bothered etc so perhaps that has something to do with it although that's hardly fair on those that he best to qualify.

Leave a comment:

• Tommykiid
    replied
    World Open 2016 - Discussion

is the eurosport camera relly far away from the table or is it just me ??

Leave a comment:

• motorhead
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    So, the World Open starts tomorrow...

Unfortunately it is one of the rare proper tournaments on the calendar this season. The people in charge have "successfully" replaced the best-of-9 format in ranking events with their beloved best-of-7s, so most of the season is now short-format crap, with even non-snooker tournaments such as the Shoot-Out counting towards the rankings. The distinction between the former PTC series and the major ranking events has now been erased, which means that players who win best-of-7 events are now considered by most people to have won a proper ranking event, and I think that's a travesty. I have spent more than nine years on this forum protesting against the shortening of events and the dumbing down of snooker, but it looks like that battle is well and truly lost now.
    I would like to think most of my posts on this forum, especially the longer ones, have been inspired by my love of snooker and my fascination with the game, so I tried to stay away during the first two "ranking events", because there just wouldn't be any point in me spreading around my negativity and trying to discredit the players' achievements like some sort of lunatic. If I don't like it, I don't have to watch it, and I will try to stick to that policy throughout the season. This tournament, however, is a good old ranking event, with matches of medium length and a world-class field, so it deserves a few words.
    Amen to that mate! At least one thing hasn't changed yet, you great previews, cheers!

Leave a comment:

• pjb147
    replied
    Is there a live feed to watch?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Snooker
    replied
    Tom Ford beats Mark Davis from 4-0 down to reach the last 16 and will now play Joe Perry who got a walkover against Jamie Burnett, Mark Davis will be gutted at that result I reckon
    Last edited by Mr Snooker; 25 July 2016, 10:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    not seen any explanation anywhere yet.

looking forward to the match later, Ding vs Georgiou - going to have to record it as need to be in the office

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mr Snooker
    replied
    Mark Selby beats Jimmy White 5-1, Mobile phone went off really loudly in the crowd while Jimmy was down on the brown for a possible 4-2 scoreline and Selby went on to win the match after Jimmy missed the brown.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    pm sent.....

Leave a comment:

• Mr Snooker
    replied
    Any live streams for this event please

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
    its started and I cant watch anybody know how or where. Computer stream only please...
    PM sent...

Leave a comment:

• sharkster63
    replied
    its started and I cant watch anybody know how or where. Computer stream only please...

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    I know the feeling very well...being in the twilight of my life...

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    Odrl you are plain scary mate...how long did it take you to type that all up!
    Not that long actually, just short of nine hours. But that's about 10 minutes of typing every hour, and 50 minutes of doing other stuff. The attention span is a bit weak these days... :smile:

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    So, the World Open starts tomorrow...

I know the Chinese events don't usually generate much discussion on this forum, mainly due to the time zone, but hopefully a few of us will be watching. I wish a good snooker week to anyone who does. :smile:
    Odrl you are plain scary mate...how long did it take you to type that all up! Thank you for the proper start to any tournament, as usual.

I plan on watching some. Will tape everything and see what's what in the evening when I get back home from work...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X