No announcement yet.

English Open 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liang is playing brilliantly, Judd needs to start this session else it could be too steep a hill to climb back
    bad luck with the in-off
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• amazing how a player "down" gets the bad contacts, etc., and the player "up" gets the luck

Comment

• Nice session. Good scoring from Liang in the crucial frames, he took advantage of some good luck and a couple of Trump's mistakes, but the match is still only 5-3. Could go either way tonight, especially as Trump has a habit of playing better in the evening session of finals. :smile:

Very much looking forward to it.

Comment

• Yes very enjoyable session it was. Liang on fire! Looking forward to this evening's session...

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            amazing how a player "down" gets the bad contacts, etc., and the player "up" gets the luck
            I wouldn't call it amazing, I'd say its probably the worst aspect about snooker. For a game which involves such precision and skill and yet luck seems often to be a huge deciding factor in many matches. Today has been the most unbelievable one sided run of luck I think I've witnessed over 2 sessions of snooker. The continuation into the evening session makes a complete mockery of the saying that luck evens itself out. I'd love for anyone to justify that and I'll show them a repeat of this match.

7-4, Judd probably will chuck in the towel.

Comment

• Normally it's Judd who gets the run of the ball . Boots on the other foot today .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                Normally it's Judd who gets the run of the ball . Boots on the other foot today .
                It really isn't Neil. I watch a huge amount of Judd's matches and whilst he gets the occasional fluke, he does tend to get a lot of bad luck against him, especially in big matches at decisive moments. People often say he does these deep screw shots and yes he occasionally will fluke a ball sometimes but the amount of bad kicks, bounces and general good run of the ball for his opponent I'd say he's one of the unluckiest players.

Comment

• English Open 2016

wish I was as "unlucky" as Judd!

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    amazing how a player "down" gets the bad contacts, etc., and the player "up" gets the luck
                    I wouldn't call it amazing, I'd say its probably the worst aspect about snooker. For a game which involves such precision and skill and yet luck seems often to be a huge deciding factor in many matches. Today has been the most unbelievable one sided run of luck I think I've witnessed over 2 sessions of snooker. The continuation into the evening session makes a complete mockery of the saying that luck evens itself out. I'd love for anyone to justify that and I'll show them a repeat of this match.

7-4, Judd probably will chuck in the towel.
                    Maybe I should have said funny haha and not amazing but it was meant as a humorous "amazing".
                    I would not say worst aspect either

Comment

• English Open 2016

enjoying the evening session so far

Comment

It really isn't Neil. I watch a huge amount of Judd's matches and whilst he gets the occasional fluke, he does tend to get a lot of bad luck against him, especially in big matches at decisive moments. People often say he does these deep screw shots and yes he occasionally will fluke a ball sometimes but the amount of bad kicks, bounces and general good run of the ball for his opponent I'd say he's one of the unluckiest players.
                        You see quite surely more matches of Trump than I do. But at least from what I see I rather have the feeling that he has more of good luck than most players.

Comment

• Anyone else think it's quite amazing or strange that 2 players who ronnie has been helping has reached the final? Liang said a few times even after beating Bingham he owes ronnie for helping him. And judd also said his game has improved 100% after starting practicing with him and doing the exhibitions. I know it's a game between the ears and all that. But it still amazes me just how much it really affects the top boys.

Obviously practising against the best player takes away any aura he may have had. But still interesting and good to see ronnie doing his bit. Does anyone know if he still helps Joel walker? Not heard his name in a while

Comment

It really isn't Neil. I watch a huge amount of Judd's matches and whilst he gets the occasional fluke, he does tend to get a lot of bad luck against him, especially in big matches at decisive moments....
                            This is purely your own personal perception as a fan of his, and you'll hear exactly the same from other fans of othere players. But luck is just random chance and does not favour one person over another, it can't, it's simply down to the laws of probability and it will always even itself out, given time. It's been proven time and time again that we perceive what we want to believe and subconsciously disregard what we don't.

-
                            Last edited by PatBlock; 16 October 2016, 08:50 PM.
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• English Open 2016

first steal of the match?
                              Liang survived the pressure Trump put him under in that frame, can he survive the pressure he will have himself to cross the line?

Comment

• English Open 2016

that was gr8 pressure clearance form laing lovely to watch

Comment

Working...
                                X