• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    amazing how a player "down" gets the bad contacts, etc., and the player "up" gets the luck
    I wouldn't call it amazing, I'd say its probably the worst aspect about snooker. For a game which involves such precision and skill and yet luck seems often to be a huge deciding factor in many matches. Today has been the most unbelievable one sided run of luck I think I've witnessed over 2 sessions of snooker. The continuation into the evening session makes a complete mockery of the saying that luck evens itself out. I'd love for anyone to justify that and I'll show them a repeat of this match.

7-4, Judd probably will chuck in the towel.
    Maybe I should have said funny haha and not amazing but it was meant as a humorous "amazing".
    I would not say worst aspect either

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    English Open 2016

wish I was as "unlucky" as Judd!

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Normally it's Judd who gets the run of the ball . Boots on the other foot today .
    It really isn't Neil. I watch a huge amount of Judd's matches and whilst he gets the occasional fluke, he does tend to get a lot of bad luck against him, especially in big matches at decisive moments. People often say he does these deep screw shots and yes he occasionally will fluke a ball sometimes but the amount of bad kicks, bounces and general good run of the ball for his opponent I'd say he's one of the unluckiest players.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Normally it's Judd who gets the run of the ball . Boots on the other foot today .

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    amazing how a player "down" gets the bad contacts, etc., and the player "up" gets the luck
    I wouldn't call it amazing, I'd say its probably the worst aspect about snooker. For a game which involves such precision and skill and yet luck seems often to be a huge deciding factor in many matches. Today has been the most unbelievable one sided run of luck I think I've witnessed over 2 sessions of snooker. The continuation into the evening session makes a complete mockery of the saying that luck evens itself out. I'd love for anyone to justify that and I'll show them a repeat of this match.

7-4, Judd probably will chuck in the towel.

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Yes very enjoyable session it was. Liang on fire! Looking forward to this evening's session...

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Nice session. Good scoring from Liang in the crucial frames, he took advantage of some good luck and a couple of Trump's mistakes, but the match is still only 5-3. Could go either way tonight, especially as Trump has a habit of playing better in the evening session of finals. :smile:

Very much looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Liang is playing brilliantly, Judd needs to start this session else it could be too steep a hill to climb back
    bad luck with the in-off

Leave a comment:

• jonny66
    replied
    Good start to this final, unlucky for Judd there though.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Probably Wikipedia lol
    lol, no not Wikipedia but I have found out, various snooker-insiders personal data-collations.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    anyone know where the Eurosport commentators get their stats from?
    "they have played 6 times"... CueTracker has 7 times, LoveSnooker 3, and all the other sites I know of appear to be closed
    Probably Wikipedia lol

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    anyone know where the Eurosport commentators get their stats from?
    "they have played 6 times"... CueTracker has 7 times, LoveSnooker 3, and all the other sites I know of appear to be closed
    Last edited by DeanH; 16 October 2016, 01:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Not a bad prediction. I think he's overtaken Ding now as the best player in China. I think he has taken his game to another level in the last 12 months and I think if he wins this title he may go up another level again.

Trump has always said he's the best player he's ever seen in practice and you are starting to see why. Fantastic scorer and has a lot of bottle and determination and seems to be able to control himself better under pressure now. Hope its a cracking final tomorrow.
    I really don't think he has overtaken Ding. Ding played really well to win the Shanghai Masters and Liang still has to prove he has the nerves to win a title. I just remember that a few weeks ago at the Shanghai Masters he had a match against O'Sullivan which he must have won, but threw it away. So far he still lacked consistency though overall his recent results suggest he is making quite a progress here.
    Ding still is among the very best players in the world along with Selby, O'Sullivan, Robertson and maybe Trump. And he even made the final of the world championship this year.

I really hope Liang wins the title today though. Should give him a boost and maybe he proves in future that he belongs a tier higher than so far.

Leave a comment:

• ken147
    replied
    Not a bad prediction. I think he's overtaken Ding now as the best player in China. I think he has taken his game to another level in the last 12 months and I think if he wins this title he may go up another level again.

Trump has always said he's the best player he's ever seen in practice and you are starting to see why. Fantastic scorer and has a lot of bottle and determination and seems to be able to control himself better under pressure now. Hope its a cracking final tomorrow.
    Don't think so Cueman. Liang is having a purple patch and is playing some good snooker but I wouldn't say he's better than Ding. Ding has recently won the Shanghai Masters(beating the WC and world number 1 Slowlby) and prior to that a minor event 6 reds snooker tourney and he won them both playing his B game. Liang hasn't won anything but he is getting more consistent with his form and less dubious with his shot selection. If he beats Trump tomorrow and finally wins a tournament then he'll be the 2nd best player in China. Ding - 12 ranking tournaments, Liang - 0 ranking tournaments...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X