2016 German Masters Qual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    He certainly did. His only major rank win. This was when in his interview he thanked his dad for all the support through the years but he probably hadn't watched the event as he didn't has Sky - I bet he does now
    Ah yes I remember that now, I just noticed he was ranked one in the draw, so guessed he must have won it, couldn't remember it though.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• 2016 German Masters Qual

seeded for the event as the defending champion
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Is he exempt from qualifying then? And how do they get the field up to 128 if he is?

Comment

• Cracking result for John Astley winning five in a row to beat Kyren Wilson 5-4
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
            Is he exempt from qualifying then? And how do they get the field up to 128 if he is?
            He and everyone had to qualify. IIRC he played Craig Steadman (won).
            Not sure how it works but being high seeded means you play a lower seeded player.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
              Is he exempt from qualifying then? And how do they get the field up to 128 if he is?
              Not sure how it works but being high seeded means you play a lower seeded player.
              Edit - He played Sanderson Lam (seed 93) round 1 and then Craig.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                Even Jimmy at his best 100% of the time he wouldn't make it in todays game, but the love he has for the game and still trying is great to see.
                I think that practice and playing in competition will keep him young and healthy, i hope he keeps playing daily even if he loses his seat in the pro tour.
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                  I think that practice and playing in competition will keep him young and healthy, i hope he keeps playing daily even if he loses his seat in the pro tour.
                  Yes he is playing well in practice I hear!

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    Which is a travesty. ....you don't see pga tour winners going through the crap shoot of Monday qualifying just to try to defend their title the following year. They get an exemption into the event for x number of years and quite right too. I fail to see why snooker can't recognise it's ranking event winners in a similar way. A few years ago ding failed to qualify in Barnsley for a tourney in China that he was DC of.....ridiculous that the fans were deprived of the main attraction and that the champ couldn't defend. Winning an event should come with some perks beyond points and £.

Comment

• Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                      Which is a travesty. ....you don't see pga tour winners going through the crap shoot of Monday qualifying just to try to defend their title the following year. They get an exemption into the event for x number of years and quite right too. I fail to see why snooker can't recognise it's ranking event winners in a similar way. A few years ago ding failed to qualify in Barnsley for a tourney in China that he was DC of.....ridiculous that the fans were deprived of the main attraction and that the champ couldn't defend. Winning an event should come with some perks beyond points and £.
                      But I don't see what difference Gould being there or not would have made,if Luca Brecel won the final being a young continental European then yes but not Gould.
                      Gould in Germany hardly compares to Ding in a much more homogeneous ethnic state like China.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                        But I don't see what difference Gould being there or not would have made,if Luca Brecel won the final being a young continental European then yes but not Gould.
                        Gould in Germany hardly compares to Ding in a much more homogeneous ethnic state like China.
                        Wasn't really the point I was making just another example of the injustice of having to qualify for an event at which you happen to be the DC. Gould has earned the right to defend his title without having to go through qualifying, just my opinion and something other sports seem to have in their M.O. Indeed, it's seen as poor form if a champion elects not to defend their title but WS seem to demean the winning of an event by not protecting their champion from a non appearance the following year. A whole other topic is the argument over whether the DC should breeze through the qualifiers anyway......

Comment

• Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                          Wasn't really the point I was making just another example of the injustice of having to qualify for an event at which you happen to be the DC. Gould has earned the right to defend his title without having to go through qualifying, just my opinion and something other sports seem to have in their M.O. Indeed, it's seen as poor form if a champion elects not to defend their title but WS seem to demean the winning of an event by not protecting their champion from a non appearance the following year. A whole other topic is the argument over whether the DC should breeze through the qualifiers anyway......
                          Well WS seems to be a bit duplicitous in its dealings,they receive around £ 120k from the Q School but only offer 2 best of 7 events over about 12 days for anyone wanting to join the tour.
                          The other events for entry aren't even in Britain,there in Germany and outside an airport in Gibraltar.
                          Gibraltar for crying out loud lol.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                            Well WS seems to be a bit duplicitous in its dealings,they receive around £ 120k from the Q School but only offer 2 best of 7 events over about 12 days for anyone wanting to join the tour.
                            The other events for entry aren't even in Britain,there in Germany and outside an airport in Gibraltar.
                            Gibraltar for crying out loud lol.
                            Ah at least in Gibraltar then the event is outside the airport.......there was I thinking the NI Open was actually inside the airport given the general noise and commotion going on!

Comment

• Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                              Jims best chance of another shot at the uk and world next season, ie staying on tour, would be to qualify as a top 8 money earner outside the top 64, think hes 4000$ behind muir, who is 8th, so not a million miles off, and barring that, maybe a lifetime wildcard
                              Blown away

Comment

Working...
                              X