• Show
Clear All

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Come on Joe

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Anyone else noticed the grain filler on o'sullivans cue seems to be non existent around the part he has his chin on? You can see the grain arrows then they vanish, must put some pressure on that area to grind it away like that.

Leave a comment:

• adebisi10
    replied
    And someone would like to get crowd more involved...

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    I believe WS uses the same system and it seems the BBC tend not to show the screen at these times, the same system displays the distances and angles you sometimes see
    I remember at the Welsh 2 years ago I saw the referee's being trained in it
    OK, thanks Dean, but why do they have one ref looking at it and telling the other where to move the ball? Would it not be easier if the positioning ref just looks at the screen?

P.S Did someone predict a 10-4 win for Ronnie
    I am not sure why they don't have the extra screen to show the ref at the table. Even then the Marker does the hand signals

Leave a comment:

• jonny66
    replied
    I believe WS uses the same system and it seems the BBC tend not to show the screen at these times, the same system displays the distances and angles you sometimes see
    OK, thanks Dean, but why do they have one ref looking at it and telling the other where to move the ball? Would it not be easier if the positioning ref just looks at the screen?

P.S Did someone predict a 10-4 win for Ronnie

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    Remember in China when they had the top down camera to get the balls positioned much easier, why hasn't that been rolled out across all tournaments?
    Last edited by DeanH; 22 January 2017, 07:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jonny66
    replied
    Remember in China when they had the top down camera to get the balls positioned much easier, why hasn't that been rolled out across all tournaments?

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    ES has a different studio on the green side of the table, BBC on the yellow
    Ah, thanks.

Ken, speak up and enunciate for goodness sake! That mumbled whisper of his gets right on my paps!! He talks like Diarrhea O'Briain.
    Last edited by Billy; 22 January 2017, 07:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jimev
    replied
    Ronnie fans really do clap every shot of his don't they

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Missed the start (my PC clock is slow) but I noticed JW and NF through the glass of 'a' studio as Joe was walking on. Is this a separate studio for Eurosport or have the BBC brought them in for the final?
    ES has a different studio on the green side of the table, BBC on the yellow

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Missed the start (my PC clock is slow) but I noticed JW and NF through the glass of 'a' studio as Joe was walking on. Is this a separate studio for Eurosport or have the BBC brought them in for the final?

Leave a comment:

• thommo335
    replied
    2017 Masters

Maybe a bbc vs eurosport pundits frame in the msi would be a good time filler rather than that handwriting bloke.....

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Ah! Thanks, jrc.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    There's been a lot of backstage noise this year; crashes, bangs and the aforementioned clicky-click from the practice table. Someone was on there gone 10pm last night, during the Perry vs Hawking match - heaven knows who at that time of night - I very much doubt it was O'Sullivan.
    Neal Foulds was saying Jimmy and Ken were practicing for matches next week

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
    Who the heck is on the practice tables???
    JP and SD v KD and JV in a four up??
    There's been a lot of backstage noise this year; crashes, bangs and the aforementioned clicky-click from the practice table. Someone was on there gone 10pm last night, during the Perry vs Hawking match - heaven knows who at that time of night - I very much doubt it was O'Sullivan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X