Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Welsh Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2017 Welsh Open

    Well, again, the pilgrimage starts tomorrow, getting there the day before so not to miss the first session on Monday
    I may try to catch the two local wildcards
    http://www.worldsnooker.com/snooker-...s-welsh-derby/
    anyone else going?
    Up the TSF!

  • #2
    I'm sure the majority of UK viewers are aware already, but just a heads-up to anyone who wasn't, the BBC are covering this too, but only on BBC W (Sky channel 971)
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

    Comment


    • #3
      Yep, BBC Wales - it is often not mentioned
      As with the usual Eurosport coverage, 2 TV tables, it is often the most covered 1 week event

      I think my wife and children probably watch more snooker when I am not at home and away at the event, as they try to find me on TV

      Also they will be using the Red Button channel (sky 980) as well
      Online covers both as well
      Eurosport Player I am sure will be on.
      Last edited by DeanH; 11th February 2017, 05:22 PM.
      Up the TSF!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Also they will be using the Red Button channel (sky 980) as well
        Of course! Thanks, Dean, I'd forgotten all about Sky's new Red Button channel. Even without Eurosport (which I don't get with my pauper's package) I should see every ball.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

        Comment


        • #5
          Have a good time dean give me a wave pal
          Current playing cue Trevor White
          3/4 ash cue

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            Of course! Thanks, Dean, I'd forgotten all about Sky's new Red Button channel. Even without Eurosport (which I don't get with my pauper's package) I should see every ball.
            Brilliant
            actually it is BBC's Red Button channel - sky channel 980; and being a Sky channel you can record, FF, RW, etc. unlike in normal RB mode I don't know the channel number of the other platforms, anyone know?
            Up the TSF!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
              Have a good time dean give me a wave pal
              doubt it buddy
              I am not going to be one of those waving/grinning "edjits" when they see themselves on camera
              Up the TSF!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                Brilliant
                actually it is BBC's Red Button channel - sky channel 980; and being a Sky channel you can record, FF, RW, etc. unlike in normal RB mode I don't know the channel number of the other platforms, anyone know?
                If you have a freeview box with an integral hard disc you can record, ff, rw etc as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  So is this on the BBC red button, or is it only on that in Wales?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    So is this on the BBC red button, or is it only on that in Wales?
                    Well, BBC Wales (971) and the Red Button channel (980) - not the Red Button feature.
                    Last edited by Billy; 11th February 2017, 11:54 PM.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hmmm, freeview channel is 601 on my box, I'll see if it's on on Monday, might be on Quest as well in the evenings.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                        Hmmm, freeview channel is 601 on my box, I'll see if it's on on Monday, might be on Quest as well in the evenings.
                        My numbers were for Sky, jonny. And Quest don't appear to be covering it. I checked earlier.
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          2017 Welsh Open

                          So glad I moved over to watch the wildcard Jackson Page game. Hopefully a name to watch out for in the near future

                          Held nerve for a respot black and got it.
                          Last edited by DeanH; 15th February 2017, 12:58 PM.
                          Up the TSF!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Don't believe this. I get all defensive when people criticise BBC's coverage, but here they are with three platforms on which to bring us continued coverage (BBC W, RB and the RB channel) and they're not bloody bothering on any!!

                            And to make matters worse, they're showing the same fu!**@# programme on the RB channel as they are on the RB interactive service!!!
                            Last edited by Billy; 13th February 2017, 05:46 PM.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Jackson Page v Jason Weston went to a re-spotted black, which the 15 year old Page won, much to the delight of the home crowd. Very enjoyable match, always good to see some new faces.

                              -
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X