No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Robertson first appeared on the scene he was quite a fast player, and he just smashed everything in off the lampshades, then Hendry had a word with him and he changed his game. Anyone else think he was better before he changed it?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      When Robertson first appeared on the scene he was quite a fast player, and he just smashed everything in off the lampshades, then Hendry had a word with him and he changed his game. Anyone else think he was better before he changed it?
      I think he was better when more attacking and quicker yes. He frightened everyone and had a bit of an aura about him - now watching him can be painful - it is like watching paint dry. Tries not to lose rather than tries to win. His positional play and break building is better but I think he uses up too much concentration doing it this way and he is too hesitant with shot selection trying to be perfect all the time and marching round to check position too much.

I think he is desperately over trying - vegan diet might not help or might help I don't know but stuff and nonsense like blaming playing computer games for poor form is pathetic - He played them when he won everything.

He should simply play quicker and get back to enjoying snooker - he needs to watch before and after video's of himself because he plays like a zombie now all focus and devoid of emotion - he used to play with a smile and attack the games more.

Comment

• duplicate post...
        Last edited by ghost121; 2 May 2017, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
          Do I detect a slight warming toward JH there ghost?

-
          Marginal. The fact is, I respect him as one of the best three players ever to lift a cue. And the other players say he is a true gentleman. Somewhat irrationally, I just can't bring myself to like him.

Comment

• Really happy for Mark, he is really fine player. Well done to Higgins too, he just seemed tired in the most parts of the final.
            I think with his ranking points advatage at the list, it is almost 100 % certain that Mark Selby will finish next season as world number one. What an achievement too.

Comment

• The Triple crown winners in the last 5 seasons:

Selby 6 (3 WSC, 2 UK, 1 Masters)
              Ronnie 5(1 WSC, 1 UK, 3 Masters)
              Robertson 2 (2 UK)
              Murphy 1 (Masters)
              Bingham 1 (WSC)

The Ding/Trump drought has been furthered to 6 full years, since Trumps UK Championship win in 2011. Kind of unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
                Really happy for Mark, he is really fine player. Well done to Higgins too, he just seemed tired in the most parts of the final.
                I think with his ranking points advatage at the list, it is almost 100 % certain that Mark Selby will finish next season as world number one. What an achievement too.
                Well, there are many ranking points to earn. And he will obviously lose the most points as next season as he was the most successful player in 2015/16.
                But yes, in the 2016/17 points, which will stay in the ranking until the end of next season, he leads by 514000 points ahead of Higgins. Roughly the equivalent of the World Championship Title and the UK Final next year.

The World Champion of 2018 will have an advantage though, cause his title will bring him 420000 points alone, 45000 more than Selbys title this year is worth.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Kargetina View Post
                  The Triple crown winners in the last 5 seasons:

Selby 6 (3 WSC, 2 UK, 1 Masters)
                  Ronnie 5(1 WSC, 1 UK, 3 Masters)
                  Robertson 2 (2 UK)
                  Murphy 1 (Masters)
                  Bingham 1 (WSC)

The Ding/Trump drought has been furthered to 6 full years, since Trumps UK Championship win in 2011. Kind of unbelievable.
                  The problem with this now is that the UK is a triple crown event in name only these days. There is nothing to distinguish it from any other ranking event.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    When Robertson first appeared on the scene he was quite a fast player, and he just smashed everything in off the lampshades, then Hendry had a word with him and he changed his game. Anyone else think he was better before he changed it?
                    Do you think he changed his winning formula due to what Hendry said to him?
                    John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                      100% didn't hit the black, Selby was extremely lucky but he makes the most of it and is great under pressure
                      The referee was poorly positioned and didn't move quickly enough. A person of his experience should have known that it was going to be a slow roll to the black and should have been much better placed. I have noticed in the last few years that the referees have changed their positioning habits. Have they been instructed to do so? If so, why? They used to stand at the yellow or green end when a player was on an extended red/black break but they almost always always stand behind the player now. Definitely need to be looked at.

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
                        Do you think he changed his winning formula due to what Hendry said to him?
                        I think so, yeah.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
                          He doesn't play to please, nor to impress. He just plays to win. As Ronnie just tweeted, that's the way you should play if you want to win pro events. He is hard too watch, but to think of how many doubters he must have had along the way, and how he has proven them all wrong. Also given the fact that he is not as talented (technique wise) like some of the others... deserves sheer admiration. Well done Mark, a true champion!
                          Cough* 143 total clearance* Cough

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
                            He doesn't play to please, nor to impress.
                            I Also have to disagree with that. I find his play extremely entertaining and very impressive indeed. And he certainly impressed the BBC crowd, 4 out of 10 entries in the shot of the championship comp, not too bad for serial bore ay.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by loghuhhuh View Post
                              Look at the video at 26 seconds. Watch the bottom of the black ball, it wobbles fractionally. It couldn't have moved without contact.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/39773954
                              The commentators explained that what you saw was the shadow of the two balls and SD and JP both thought there was no contact and the decision was correct.

Comment

• Originally Posted by loghuhhuh View Post
                                Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                                100% didn't hit the black, Selby was extremely lucky but he makes the most of it and is great under pressure
                                Look at the video at 26 seconds. Watch the bottom of the black ball, it wobbles fractionally. It couldn't have moved without contact.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/39773954
                                It doesn't move at all

Comment

Working...
                                X