Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
    Hello guys
    Anyone else sad to see Neil Robertson derailing his career with vegan diet which obviously isnt fit for the sportsmen?He will probably hold on for the half of the match just like Ebdon, and then just collapse, as his brain cannot work/concentrate like it used to.
    It seems to me he will never switch to the old diet, which sucks as he was pretty good competitor to have...
    It seems people find it much harder to train as well, let alone compete on professional level, but for some reason there will always be people who keep trying it.
    Another example is the tennis player Novak Djokovic who completely ruined his body in this way.
    The irony is that first year of the vegan diet gives very good feeling,i remember Neil beating O'Sullivan with nearly perfect scores last year while he was in this first year period when things still worked.
    You sound like a real expert...

Comment

Hello guys
      Anyone else sad to see Neil Robertson derailing his career with vegan diet which obviously isnt fit for the sportsmen?He will probably hold on for the half of the match just like Ebdon, and then just collapse, as his brain cannot work/concentrate like it used to.
      It seems to me he will never switch to the old diet, which sucks as he was pretty good competitor to have...
      It seems people find it much harder to train as well, let alone compete on professional level, but for some reason there will always be people who keep trying it.
      Another example is the tennis player Novak Djokovic who completely ruined his body in this way.
      The irony is that first year of the vegan diet gives very good feeling,i remember Neil beating O'Sullivan with nearly perfect scores last year while he was in this first year period when things still worked.
      I really don't know if Robertsons decline in form is down to his diet.
      Also for Djokovic his diet worked pretty well for around five years.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
        I really don't know if Robertsons decline in form is down to his diet.
        Also for Djokovic his diet worked pretty well for around five years.
        Actually, you are misinformed.
        Djokovic switched to glutenfree diet 5 years ago which helped him tremendously as he is one of these guys who is sensitive to gluten.
        When it comes to veganism, he started it just year before his decline, the time when he lost muscles,and lost focus,and found it harder to train just like Robertson...

Comment

• Welcome to the forum kibo.

Originally Posted by kibo View Post
          Hello guys
          Maybe you should start a new thread for that one. :wink:

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            Welcome to the forum kibo.

Maybe you should start a new thread for that one. :wink:

-
            Hello,
            and sorry, didnt want to go off topic, just wanted to throw some opinion on Neil as he is playing tomorrow...

Comment

• Djokovic with his vegan/gluten free diet had the best 12 month record of any player in the modern history, it sounds like you're using information to sell production of your battery reared chickens to me.

As for Trump, I think he is as talented as anyone since O'Sullivan, I'd say he has underachieved. Obviously this is relatively speaking though, maybe he hasn't but I'm sure it'll weigh on his own psyche.

Comment

Actually, you are misinformed.
                Djokovic switched to glutenfree diet 5 years ago which helped him tremendously as he is one of these guys who is sensitive to gluten.
                When it comes to veganism, he started it just year before his decline, the time when he lost muscles,and lost focus,and found it harder to train just like Robertson...
                Well, you're right. I messed this up.

It's possible. I personally think a vegan diet isn't a good recipe for an athlete. But I still state that I don't know if Robertsons decline is due to his diet.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                  Djokovic with his vegan/gluten free diet had the best 12 month record of any player in the modern history, it sounds like you're using information to sell production of your battery reared chickens to me.

As for Trump, I think he is as talented as anyone since O'Sullivan, I'd say he has underachieved. Obviously this is relatively speaking though, maybe he hasn't but I'm sure it'll weigh on his own psyche.
                  He had best record on gluten free diet just like i said.
                  Veganism didnt help in the long run,might have given some advantage in the short run as people report feeling better,but in the long run it seems it never works.
                  I am not selling anything on here lol

Comment

Well, you're right. I messed this up.

It's possible. I personally think a vegan diet isn't a good recipe for an athlete. But I still state that I don't know if Robertsons decline is due to his diet.
                    Well it seems it affects brain too.
                    I guess it could be messing their focus,i dont know what it is but it doesnt help them i believe.
                    On the other hand,i have nothing against veganism, and i wish it worked for Neil but cant see that happening.

Comment

• Would you rather they abandon their morals about factory farming of conscious creatures, then to provide more entertainment for yourself, whilst you munch on your beefburger that has led to increasing deforestation of the Amazon. I'd respect Robertson, Djokovic and the countless other athletes more for this than an extension to their trophy rooms.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                        Would you rather they abandon their morals about factory farming of conscious creatures, then to provide more entertainment for yourself, whilst you munch on your beefburger that has led to increasing deforestation of the Amazon. I'd respect Robertson, Djokovic and the countless other athletes more for this than an extension to their trophy rooms.
                        Veganism is ethically superior indeed,cant argue with that,and hopefully in the future they will artifically produce meat so that animals dont have to be killed.
                        It just doesnt work for the sport.
                        But yeah,if they are there mainly for ethical aspect then i can respect that.

Comment

• Wow, I'd never noticed Liang's rubber index finger until now. Very freaky!
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Can anyone explain why the commentators insist on leaving those damn prediction lines up WHILE the shot is being played?? If the graphics for that machine hadn't been lifted from a ZX81 maybe they'd be a bit more subtle and we could see the balls, but no, we have to have everything obscured by the thing!
                            Last edited by Billy; 18 April 2017, 06:37 PM.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I've been very impressed with the BBC's new commitment to snooker so far, but right now for some strange reason, they're showing the same match on both the RB and the RB Channel. I'm not sure if they can show different feeds on these channels, or if they're one and the same (in other words the RB feed is always the same one as the RB Channel)
                              Last edited by Billy; 18 April 2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Dott isn't the player he once was and Carter is definitely the favorite, but if you were looking for upsets at the beginning of the tournament, this loomed as one of the more plausible ones.
                                At least Dott is off to a good start, leading 3-0.

Can't see the match though as today is Champions League.
                                Last edited by JimMalone; 18 April 2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X