2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    'Deserves' how? He's absolute murder to watch. Horrible, horrible snooker player.
    He can't be that bad if he's a pro and in the world championships.

Comment

• I think he deserves it because he has put his life into snooker. Many players with his level of quality would have packed the job up years ago and moved to another profession but he's stuck at it as he obviously loves the game. I don't mind his game play, I don't mind Ebdons either, they're just different to most others as they probably don't have the same levels of skill/talent, but they make the most out of their ability by going about things in their own ways.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
        I agree completely, he's a nightmare to play against. A cagey player, plays a lot of negative shots, takes an age too in order to annoy his opponent and to top it off is a lucky player as well. Maguire will struggle just the same because he's another player that mentally McLeod will be able to frustrate.
        I'm not a huge fan of Trump but I so want him to come back to this game and blast three frames away in 25 minutes. This is worse than the Robertson/Dott final.

Comment

• I think in his defence rory can score quite heavily, he just feels more pressure than your average player in front of the cameras. He tensed up a few times today and was lucky Trump was even more tense than he was! He is slow but he was speedier in the first session so perhaps it just nerves and the desire to make sure everything is perfect before he takes his shot.
          Originally Posted by narl View Post
          He can't be that bad if he's a pro and in the world championships.
          Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
            I think he deserves it because he has put his life into snooker. Many players with his level of quality would have packed the job up years ago and moved to another profession but he's stuck at it as he obviously loves the game. I don't mind his game play, I don't mind Ebdons either, they're just different to most others as they probably don't have the same levels of skill/talent, but they make the most out of their ability by going about things in their own ways.
            Not really comparable. Ebdon was world class and when he was, he didn't fanny about. McLeod may have put his life into snooker but that's his business and counts for nought when no-one wants to watch snooker that puts people into comas. It's supposed to be a spectator sport. Selby and Robertson also need reminded of this.

Comment

Not really comparable. Ebdon was world class and when he was, he didn't fanny about. He may have put his life into snooker but if no-one was watching...
              They are comparable currently though

Comment

Played it for over 25 years, trust me, Trump knows he can't win this match and more importantly he knows he's not capable of winning the tournament if he has an injured shoulder or back or whatever. No point in prolonging the agony in a match/tournament you can't win.
                Surely first thing you learn playing is to fight till the end

Comment

They are comparable currently though
                  Definitely, but Ebdon has actually been worth watching in the past. McLeod never has, and never will be.

Comment

Not really comparable. Ebdon was world class and when he was, he didn't fanny about. McLeod may have put his life into snooker but that's his business and counts for nought when no-one wants to watch snooker that puts people into comas. It's supposed to be a spectator sport. Selby and Robertson also need reminded of this.
                    Selby is a billion times more interesting to me than Judd ''I try to pot everything and call it a strategy'' Trump.

I watch snooker because of it's tactics, strategy, patience and perseverance. If thinking through shots bothers you, you probably watch the wrong game. (Which probably describes 90% of Ronnie-only fans)

Comment

I think he deserves it because he has put his life into snooker. Many players with his level of quality would have packed the job up years ago and moved to another profession but he's stuck at it as he obviously loves the game. I don't mind his game play, I don't mind Ebdons either, they're just different to most others as they probably don't have the same levels of skill/talent, but they make the most out of their ability by going about things in their own ways.
                      Yep, you have to respect someone who wrings every little bit out of what talent they have.

-
                      Last edited by PatBlock; 19 April 2017, 01:33 PM.
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• he's ok, played some good shots. I don't mind it but I wouldn't want to watch him every day . Seeing judd get put thru the wringer was kind of interesting viewing in a car crash kind of way. imho judd doesn't help himself by bigging himself up as a favourite or that now "I'm in my prime". u put pressure on urself that way.
                        Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
                        Definitely, but Ebdon has actually been worth watching in the past. McLeod never has, and never will be.
                        Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                          Yep, you have to respect someone who wrings every little bit out what talent they have.

-
                          Yeah it's a skill in it's own right, nearly all the pro players are more talented than McLeod but he is on the verge of getting to the last 16 of the worlds. To me that is entertaining, I can't get how some snooker fans find that hard to see themselves.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                            Surely first thing you learn playing is to fight till the end
                            No point fighting a battle you can't win though surely. I guess it will depend on Trump's belief, personally I don't think he believes he can win. Fu didn't the other night against Brecel and needed his opponent to help in order to comeback. I somehow doubt that McLeod is going to help Trump, he knows what he's doing is working and has too much experience to throw away a lead like this against a player who is obviously struggling with injury.

Comment

No point fighting a battle you can't win though surely. I guess it will depend on Trump's belief, personally I don't think he believes he can win. Fu didn't the other night against Brecel and needed his opponent to help in order to comeback. I somehow doubt that McLeod is going to help Trump, he knows what he's doing is working and has too much experience to throw away a lead like this against a player who is obviously struggling with injury.
                              Bit defeatist for me that, I'd fight tooth and claw, injury or not, you must always give it your all.

-
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Kargetina View Post
                                Selby is a billion times more interesting to me than Judd ''I try to pot everything and call it a strategy'' Trump.

I watch snooker because of it's tactics, strategy, patience and perseverance. If thinking through shots bothers you, you probably watch the wrong game. (Which probably describes 90% of Ronnie-only fans)
                                A massive plus 1. If you don't like the channel turn over..

Of course Trumps going to try and fight back, give it up, no chance. Rory could shake tonight too...
                                JP Majestic
                                3/4
                                57"
                                17oz
                                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                                X