No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great start from Carter, he's playing with a great rhythme. This match is in the balance, although I haven't seen how well Dotts cueing just yet.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
      Yeah it's a skill in it's own right, nearly all the pro players are more talented than McLeod but he is on the verge of getting to the last 16 of the worlds. To me that is entertaining, I can't get how some snooker fans find that hard to see themselves.
      It's not like I want to depreciate Rory's performance. If he is gets over the line he definitely deserves it. But imho there were just too many errors from both players and a lack of higher breaks to consider the session great to watch.

Comment

• You never know , an hour with the physio might sort Trump out .

He's got a fair bit of time to rest it as well .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• I know it wasn't the highest standard, but with Trump being injured there's added pressure on Rory too as he would expect himself to win the match. I enjoyed the safety play though, some of McLeods shots were brilliant.

Comment

• Good reply from Dott now, a match with very high levels of play.

Comment

• What were some people saying about vegans/gluten free diet not working

Comment

• I don't consider trumps body language that positive when he sits in his seat. He looks down a lot and touches his head a lot. I've seen this in his previous crucible outings. I just think he has the jimmy white example in his head and that weighs on him. I hope not though.
                Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Virgo has just called a potential 147 for Robertson, leading to him missing in 2 balls time. There's something in the commentators curse isn't there?

Comment

• One of those rare chances on the Robertson table where there is a free ball first shot, making a chance possible for more than 147. That'd be amazing

Comment

• according to cuetracker, he has 715,033 matches in his database (going back to the 80s?) and according to "wiki Breaks greater than 147 are possible in a free ball situation. This has been achieved only once in professional competition, when Jamie Burnett made a 148 break in the qualifying stages of the 2004 UK Championship.". so a 1 in 700,000 chance?
                      Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                        according to cuetracker, he has 715,033 matches in his database (going back to the 80s?) and according to "wiki Breaks greater than 147 are possible in a free ball situation. This has been achieved only once in professional competition, when Jamie Burnett made a 148 break in the qualifying stages of the 2004 UK Championship.". so a 1 in 700,000 chance?
                        Matches or frames?

Comment

• Trump was desperately disappointing today.

He had at least 2 decent chances in every frame (the one in the vital final frame of the session today being utterly gilt edged with the balls spread everywhere) and has totally lacked the temperament to deal with the occasion. I appreciate he may be carrying a slight injury but it's not like he's playing against a top player or even a player who is playing well himself. I can't place too much store by the injury. He can still get down on the shot and cue the ball. He's lost the mental battle, that's the issue.

It's hard to see him winning all three frames tonight although the break came at a better time for him than it did for McLeod clearly. The only way I see Trump winning tonight is if McLeod utterly loses it and provides Trump with multiple chances each frame as Trump hasn't looked capable of winning a frame in one visit today.

Comment

• Am I the only one who remembers Rory McLeod making three centuries in three frames against Ronnie in the UK? He did lose the match, but it was pretty impressive. http://cuetracker.net/head-to-head/r...nnie-osullivan

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                              according to cuetracker, he has 715,033 matches in his database (going back to the 80s?) and according to "wiki Breaks greater than 147 are possible in a free ball situation. This has been achieved only once in professional competition, when Jamie Burnett made a 148 break in the qualifying stages of the 2004 UK Championship.". so a 1 in 700,000 chance?
                              Originally Posted by kligu View Post
                              Matches or frames?
                              Frames

would be great to see a greater than 147 break...
                              interestingly thought, the break will gain the Highest break prize for the competition but not the 147Max prize; as the Max is 15 reds with 15 blacks only; been discussed previously elsewhere

go figure!
                              Last edited by DeanH; 19 April 2017, 03:36 PM.
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by sdowney28 View Post
                                Trump was desperately disappointing today.

He had at least 2 decent chances in every frame (the one in the vital final frame of the session today being utterly gilt edged with the balls spread everywhere) and has totally lacked the temperament to deal with the occasion. I appreciate he may be carrying a slight injury but it's not like he's playing against a top player or even a player who is playing well himself. I can't place too much store by the injury. He can still get down on the shot and cue the ball. He's lost the mental battle, that's the issue.

It's hard to see him winning all three frames tonight although the break came at a better time for him than it did for McLeod clearly. The only way I see Trump winning tonight is if McLeod utterly loses it and provides Trump with multiple chances each frame as Trump hasn't looked capable of winning a frame in one visit today.

Whoever you are playing, if your back or shoulder is injured, you can lose to anyone. Playing through an injury is the worst thing that happen as it also ends up affecting your mind.
                                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
                                X