2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-9 in the Battle of China.

Aargh, it annoys me that I can't watch this now.

Edit: My stream works.
    Last edited by JimMalone; 22 April 2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Is there a shortage of refs? Same referee as Ronnie's match Reffing this Chinese match? Bring Michaela back, she was easy on the eye, especially respotting the blue.
      Blown away

Comment

• Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
        Is there a shortage of refs? Same referee as Ronnie's match Reffing this Chinese match? Bring Michaels back, she was easy on the eye, especially red potting the blue.
        Michaela, she sued the wsa for some reason, think it was discrimination. I doubt they'll get back together anytime soon.

Comment

• I think she was paid less for bonuses than male refs, but they settled with her on a commercial basis which to me is indicative of wrong doing.

Comment

• Anyone else find it a bit hypocritical that the banned Tobacco sponsorship from the 80s has now been replaced by Sponsorship by online gambling companies ?

Smoking v Gambling. Both things which are a choice and can harm the individual if done to excess

i say bring back tobacco sponsorship !

Comment

• It's not particularly something that has a hugely great image as a company. They want lifestyle companies and aspirational products. Or just corporate firms would be better too like insurance brokers or top accountancy firms. More money for snooker but clearly not the interest.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                That was not a kick. Murphy hit the ball poorly and put unintended side on, which threw the object ball to the left. Clear as day when you know what you are looking for.

Incidentally, any flat earthers out there, who still don't know what happens when balls collide, are advised to look carefully at the shot wilson played at 9-7 against bingo. Clearest example of spin induced throw you could ever seen.
                save your breath mbs i have seen so many shots where tweaks of side have caused a missed pot and commentators have missed it, not ebdon tho

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                  save your breath mbs i have seen so many shots where tweaks of side have caused a missed pot and commentators have missed it, not ebdon tho
                  I hate it when the bad contact or kick excuse is rolled out to cover poor cueing, there is no need for it. Just say they didn't hit centre ball and that's what caused the object ball to be thrown off target, I don't see the point or need for a kind of cover up. If anything it shows how little they can get away with and how well they cue most of the time, so it's not a bad thing to admit to.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    I hate it when the bad contact or kick excuse is rolled out to cover poor cueing, there is no need for it. Just say they didn't hit centre ball and that's what caused the object ball to be thrown off target, I don't see the point or need for a kind of cover up. If anything it shows how little they can get away with and how well they cue most of the time, so it's not a bad thing to admit to.
                    Murphy wouldn't of missed it if it was frame1, he missed it cause he's away ahead of Ronnie in rankings, and just got his backside handed to him for not doing his talking on the table
                    Blown away

Comment

• What a shotmaker Wenbo is.
                      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post

You have a point. There are still luddites about, some are even in the commentary box. And after just coming home from playing on a snooker take for the first time in many years, i can confirm balls throw on a snooker table every bit as much as they do on a pool table.

Who'd a thunk?

Comment

• Ding not at the races today. This is the World Championship Ding! You need to fight.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

The reason Ronnie rarely gets a kick: he hits the CB where he intends to. Dennis bloody Taylor says virtually every miss is a bad contact. Grr.

I don't think this will be resolved until the measles ball is introduced. Then we will all be able to see what is happening. Kicks are caused by chalk and other contaminants, and are pretty rare. The rest is bad cueing, either bouncing through being poorly struck, or through unwanted side.

Comment

The reason Ronnie rarely gets a kick: he hits the CB where he intends to. Dennis bloody Taylor says virtually every miss is a bad contact. Grr.

I don't think this will be resolved until the measles ball is introduced. Then we will all be able to see what is happening. Kicks are caused by chalk and other contaminants, and are pretty rare. The rest is bad cueing, either bouncing through being poorly struck, or through unwanted side.
                              I play with a lad every now and again who is very high at the back end, when he miss times it and doesn't come through level you can hear the ball kind of stutter along the bed.
                              While not wanting a spotty white, I have to agree with you Biggie that it would certainly highlight any unintentional side.
                              Last edited by itsnoteasy; 22 April 2017, 04:28 PM.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

You have a point. There are still luddites about, some are even in the commentary box. And after just coming home from playing on a snooker take for the first time in many years, i can confirm balls throw on a snooker table every bit as much as they do on a pool table.

Who'd a thunk?
                                just watch the golf slo mo, no excuses they highlight what went wrong, shame snooker dont do the same

Comment

Working...
                                X