No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mc Leod really likes to crack in these long shots. He even seems to hit the ball pretty hard on the break off shot.

Comment

• Ding was just getting is moneys worth out of the table light - :snooker:

Comment

• Liang gained a lot of fans in defeat

Can't wait for Ronnie v Ding !

Comment

• What a great gesture by Wenbo despite a loss, that must be painful, after being 12-11 ahead. He embraces his friend Junhui, claps him onto his back and even finds a smile.
          It's a pity he lost (in typical fashion, missing a risky shot and leaving a chance for his opponent), but mostly I'm glad Ding is through. I really hope he now also beats O'Sullivan, but therefore he needs to finde more consistency within his game.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
            What a great gesture by Wenbo despite a loss, that must be painful, after being 12-11 ahead. He embraces his friend Junhui, claps him onto his back and even finds a smile.
            It's a pity he lost (in typical fashion, missing a risky shot and leaving a chance for his opponent), but mostly I'm glad Ding is through. I really hope he now also beats O'Sullivan, but therefore he needs to finde more consistency within his game.
            Yeah, he seems like a really good guy. He did the same after he lost to O'Sullivan in the Masters earlier this year. For some reason I get the feeling Ding would have been much grumpier had he lost. :smile:

Anyway, a highly enjoyable match, and high quality for the most part as well. A really nice response from Ding in the last two frames, after Liang had all the momentum behind him. It was clear that Ding was under pressure in the last two sessions though, and didn't play quite as well as he is capable of. It's going to be a tough game for him against O'Sullivan... I'm not ruling him out though. :smile:

Now, let's hope the conclusion of Higgins-Allen is equally enjoyable. :smile:

Comment

• What can you say, another fantastic clearance from the great man. You really know he is at the top of his game when he starts doing this. And an uncharacteristic reaction from him as well, he is not usually one for fist pumps and similar celebrations. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                For some reason I get the feeling Ding would have been much grumpier had he lost. :smile:
                Ding even showed some rare signs of frustration within this session. I hope he doesn't put himself under to much pressure.

Classical Higgins clearance to steal the frame here.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                  I play with a lad every now and again who is very high at the back end, when he miss times it and doesn't come through level you can hear the ball kind of stutter along the bed.
                  While not wanting a spotty white, I have to agree with you Biggie that it would certainly highlight any unintentional side.

Change is a funny thing: no one likes the thought of it but no one wants to back to what they previously had (apart from New coke, of course).

Give it a few months and everyone will be wondering why it was not introduced years ago.

Comment

• Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                    just watch the golf slo mo, no excuses they highlight what went wrong, shame snooker dont do the same
                    Both games are all about ball striking. Miss hit that little white ball and you've had it.

Comment

• Another excellent break at the right time. Allen desperately needs to win the next frame to stay in touch. :smile:

Comment

• Feel sorry for Mark here. He's been striking the ball so well, his breakbuilding is the best it's been for a while & definitely at the crucible. I'd have thought he'd have walked over Higgins but both players were at their peak. That 72 break and the kick on the red to go level were 2 massive points for Mark

Comment

• Originally Posted by CueInAction View Post
                          Feel sorry for Mark here. He's been striking the ball so well, his breakbuilding is the best it's been for a while & definitely at the crucible. I'd have thought he'd have walked over Higgins but both players were at their peak. That 72 break and the kick on the red to go level were 2 massive points for Mark
                          Sad for Mark, he must wonder what he needs to produce. But he come up against vintage JH and I honestly don't think I've seen him play much better. Absolute class talent, this is lining up to one helluva World championship. Proper Peng stuff 😎
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            Sad for Mark, he must wonder what he needs to produce. But he come up against vintage JH and I honestly don't think I've seen him play much better. Absolute class talent, this is lining up to one helluva World championship. Proper Peng stuff ��
                            I think when the standard of play is that high it comes down to a bit of run of the ball, great match to watch!

Comment

• some of the balls xiao guy missed v selby were unreal. cant believe hes 6-2 down. had a lot of chances. played like an ice cream.
                              Blown away

Comment

• Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
                                Bring Michaela back, she was easy on the eye, especially respotting the blue.
                                People like you are the problem, why mention a female ref easy on the eye? Doesn't make her a good ref!!!!! You are being very sexist AGAINST THE MALE REFS. If you look closely, she wasn't THAT good at all. Its only she had a decent body that she was there, not because she was a good ref.

Comment

Working...
                                X