2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    The sentence that went roughly, I want someone to work for their money and not just turn up when they feel like it, when talking about TG was very interesting.
    Jimmy White use to struggle with 10am match starts as well. The difference being, Jimmy had so much natural ability that over long sessions he'd always crawl back a deficit. 6 world finals says it all...

Allen needs to grow up. There are 3 sides to any one tale...
    He's a young man with a very nice lifestyle and it's easy to believe the hype.
    But just like Public Enemy stated many years ago... Don't Beleive The Hype.
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Maguire is just dismantling McLeod here.....could even finish with a session to spare. The Dentist is having quite a harsh time in this second round. The Scot is miles ahead the Englishman.
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Peter Ebdon "Rory is struggling"

That's complete bull****. This is his normal game. He's ranked in the 50s in the world for a reason.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
          How the hell did McLeod beat Trump again? I think it's probably the worst loss for a seeded player in crucible history.
          McLeod played as well as he ever could and also frustrated Trump and had a lot of luck along the way. The one session particularly you literally saw McLeod laughing and putting his hand up in apology because he had an enormous run of the ball. This often gets overlooked but that's how players like him can beat a top player, especially one that clearly wasn't themselves either.

I'm just glad Maguire didn't suffer the same way, I guess over 3 sessions there was less chance of a shock, McLeod exposed today for the level of player he really is.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            McLeod played as well as he ever could and also frustrated Trump and had a lot of luck along the way. The one session particularly you literally saw McLeod laughing and putting his hand up in apology because he had an enormous run of the ball. This often gets overlooked but that's how players like him can beat a top player, especially one that clearly wasn't themselves either.
            Luck and the run of the ball is a huge factor in a best of 7. But when it's a best of 19 I just don't see it. I'll give Judd the benefit of the doubt and say that he was hurt, because if he wasn't that was an embarrassing performance.

Comment

• The result between Maguire and McLeod doesn't really surprise me.
              McLeod didn't play that great against Trump, but it really seems like the world number #2 was clearly hindered by injury.

Comment

• Is xiao in the 50s too? cause some of the schoolboy errors hes made in these 2 sessions have been remarkable, how on earth selby is 10-4 ahead ill never know. Always associated mcleod with schoolboy errors and silly power shots that miss by the preverbial mile, but thought this chinese guy would at least win frames on plates. Mcleod is probably the worse player i seen in snooker history to watch, he cant seem to roll a ball in with fluency, how on earth hes made it to professional status, its a mystery to me.
                Blown away

Comment

• Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
                  Is xiao in the 50s too?.
                  44. Not much difference. Players like that get exposed over a best of 25.

Comment

• I need to go back and research how many 2nd round matches in the modern era have ended with a session to spare. I'll guess it's been about 15%.

Comment

Luck and the run of the ball is a huge factor in a best of 7. But when it's a best of 19 I just don't see it. I'll give Judd the benefit of the doubt and say that he was hurt, because if he wasn't that was an embarrassing performance.
                      Best of 19 is a lot of frames and luck shouldn't play a part but when its played over 2 sessions they are more like 2 best of 9's. The pressure of the first round is also huge and if you do get a good run of the ball and can frustrate your opponent you can get a result. Run of the ball is psychological in snooker, when your opponent keeps getting lucky when he misses or plays a bad shot and it works in his favour, it really affects your mindset, especially if you aren't playing great yourself.

Comment

44. Not much difference. Players like that get exposed over a best of 25.
                        Cant believe theres only 43 players in world snooker better than him? theres probably 43,000 chinese players in china better than him. Some of the silly errors hes made in this match have been remarkable. His coach should be fired.
                        Blown away

Comment

• Why does Willie Thorne sound like he has a perpetual cold?

Comment

Cant believe theres only 43 players in world snooker better than him? theres probably 43,000 chinese players in china better than him. Some of the silly errors hes made in this match have been remarkable. His coach should be fired.
                            So there ought to be a lot more Chinese players among the world's top 40 ....!

Comment

• The vanity of the punters in WG studio never ceases to amaze me. They can't take their bloody eyes off themselves! They look like those stupid little puppies who get all excited by their reflection in a mirror.
                              Last edited by Billy; 23 April 2017, 04:48 PM.
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Well, I haven't seen this session. But at least he trails only 6-10 against the worlds best player.

Comment

Working...
                                X