No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco Fu just missed a ball, and there was no mention of a kick, or even deceleration, he just plain missed.

Comment

• Did someone mention Roy Keane?

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
        Did someone mention Roy Keane?
        He was in attendance watching Fu/Robertson.
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Can someone please clear something up for me. This afternoon when I was flicking between matches I caught the tail end of a preview for a documentary celebrating 40 years at the Crucible. Steve Davis was doing the voice over and I am certain said it would be airing next Sunday on the 30th at 9pm. I tried to scroll through my Sky planner to set it for record, but 7 days in the max you can advance so I couldn't quite get to 9pm.

I've just noticed that it's on BBC2 right now, and has been for 40 minutes. What's more there's no sign of it at all on the 30th??

Anyone know what's going on?
          Last edited by Billy; 23 April 2017, 08:39 PM.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• surely you'll be watching the final next Sunday at 9, nobody would watch it if it was on then.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
              surely you'll be watching the final next Sunday at 9, nobody would watch it if it was on then.
              Well you'd think, wouldn't you, but this is definitely what he said. And I know that because when I said Sunday the 30th, I didn't even know next Sunday was the 30th, so I must have heard it.

And in any case you'd just record it, wouldn't you, so the clash thing isn't really a reason it wouldn't be on then.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                Well you'd think, wouldn't you, but this is definitely what he said. And I know that because when I said Sunday the 30th, I didn't even know next Sunday was the 30th, so I must have heard it.

And in any case you'd just record it, wouldn't you, so the clash thing isn't really a reason it wouldn't be on then.
                Doesn't the final finish on the Monday? 1st of May is a bank holiday isn't it?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post

It's repeated on the 29th April on BBC2 5:30pm.
                  "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                    It's repeated on the 29th April on BBC2 5:30pm.
                    Great! Thanks.

Comment

• that show was on Yesterday

Comment

• So far Selby, despite his 10-6 lead, was pretty bad in this match. Hopefully he can lift his game a bit.

Comment

• Selby and Hawkins all but through after both won the first two frames of the session to lead 12-6

So now we move on to the really difficult question, Robertson or Fu? I think Fu

Comment

• Funny moment on the BBC coverage. Willie Thorne tells us how much Mark Selby has stopped moving about on the shot - so naturally we go straight to a shot of his head wobbling about all over the place just as obviously as it's always done
                            Last edited by sixofclubs; 24 April 2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• I think Dott is coming to a full .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
                                Selby and Hawkins all but through after both won the first two frames of the session to lead 12-6

So now we move on to the really difficult question, Robertson or Fu? I think Fu
                                Really impossible to tell. Could go either way. I'm hoping for Fu.
                                Would love it to go over the whole 25 frames.

Comment

Working...
                                X