2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by sixofclubs View Post
    Funny moment on the BBC coverage. Willie Thorne tells us how much Mark Selby has stopped moving about on the shot - so naturally we go straight to a shot of his head wobbling about all over the place just as obviously as it's always done
    Thats typical WIllie Thorne, there could be a cloudless day with a nice blue sky and he would go to comment on it and just before he got the words out a biblical thunderstorm would start.

Comment

• Had to laugh at that , and he even said to Virgo ' see it's not moving much ' ..........as the song lyric goes.......he was shaking like a Polaroid Camera [ One for the elder gentleman of the Forum ]

Always making excuses when he Selby runs out of position or misjudges a cannon as well . 'Pershaps he thought he couldn't get enough into the cue ball' was today's twaddle .........shut up , he didn't hit it hard enough .

Not much snooker today at all , he's hoping for a decent close match tonight ........with Marco winning obviously .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
        Selby and Hawkins all but through after both won the first two frames of the session to lead 12-6

So now we move on to the really difficult question, Robertson or Fu? I think Fu
        Will the Hawk be flying high this time next week...................
        John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
          Had to laugh at that , and he even said to Virgo ' see it's not moving much ' ..........as the song lyric goes.......he was shaking like a Polaroid Camera [ One for the elder gentleman of the Forum ]

Always making excuses when he Selby runs out of position or misjudges a cannon as well . 'Pershaps he thought he couldn't get enough into the cue ball' was today's twaddle .........shut up , he didn't hit it hard enough .

Not much snooker today at all , he's hoping for a decent close match tonight ........with Marco winning obviously .
          If we're thinking of the same song, it was shake it like a Polaroid picture, I always wanted a polaroid camera.

Comment

• That's the one .........no idea why i put camera instead of picture
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Robertson Vs Fu poised at 8-8. It looks like it's going down to the wire. Come on Fu.

Comment

• One match left. Some analysis to follow. I can't believe I took Murphy over O'Sullivan.

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                Let's do some fearless prognosticating...

Stony152

Selby 13-9 over Xiao
                Robertson 13-11 over Fu
                Murphy 13-10 over O'Sullivan
                Ding 13-8 over Liang
                Wilson 13-12 over Bingham
                Higgins 13-10 over Allen
                Hawkins 13-8 over Dott
                Maguire 13-7 over McLeod

Jim Malone

Selby 13-8 over Xiao
                Fu 13-12 over Robertson
                O'Sullivan 13-8 over Murphy
                Ding 13-9 over Liang
                Wilson 13-11 over Bingham
                Higgins 13-7 over Allen
                Hawkins 13-8 over Dott
                Maguire 13-6 over McLeod

Odrl

Selby 13-7 over Xiao
                Robertson 13-10 over Fu
                O'Sullivan 13-6 over Murphy
                Ding 13-9 over Liang
                Bingham 13-11 over Wilson
                Higgins 13-10 over Allen
                Hawkins 13-12 over Dott
                Maguire 13-6 over McLeod
                Last edited by Stony152; 24 April 2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• 7 each if Robertson wins? Otherwise JimMalone takes it with a perfect record. :smile:

Comment

• So far Jim Malone is 7 for 7, while Odrl and I are both 6 for 7. If Fu wins, Jim Malone wil be a perfect 8 for 8 and Odrl and I will be 6 for 8. If Robertson wins it'll be a 3 way tie. I'll break the tie by calculating the total frames each of missed perfect predictions by. As an example, if someone predicted a 13-8 scoreline and it ended up 13-6 or 13-10 that would be -2. If a player was predicted to win 13-10 and he lost 11-13 that would be -2 plus -3 for a total of -5. The one with the lowest minus score would win if there is a tie in total match winners predicted correctly. My Murphy prediction is going to totally kill me. The other guys had that totally pegged, while I was completely out to lunch.

Comment

• Match winner, Stony152, JimMalone, Odrl

Selby, (-3), (-2), (-1)
                      O'Sullivan, (-9), (-1), (-1)
                      Ding, (-4), (-3), (-3)
                      Wilson, (-2), (-1), (-5)
                      Higgins, (-1), (-2), (-1)
                      Hawkins, (-2), (-2), (-6)
                      Maguire, (-4), (-3), (-3)

Going into tonight's match...

JimMalone (-14)
                      Odrl (-20)
                      Stony152 (-25)

For Odrl to win he needs a Robertson win and to make up 6 points. If Robertson wins 13-8, 13-9, or 13-10 Odrl will make up 4 points on JimMalone. That's the most he can make up, so JimMalone is the winner regardless of tonight's outcome.

Comment

• It's interesting that we've gone 0 for 21 in getting a match score exactly right. I think the odds were against that happening.

I'm getting my revenge in the quarter-finals!!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                          Match winner, Stony152, JimMalone, Odrl

Selby, (-3), (-2), (-1)
                          O'Sullivan, (-9), (-1), (-1)
                          Ding, (-4), (-3), (-3)
                          Wilson, (-2), (-1), (-5)
                          Higgins, (-1), (-2), (-1)
                          Hawkins, (-2), (-2), (-6)
                          Maguire, (-4), (-3), (-3)

Going into tonight's match...

JimMalone (-14)
                          Odrl (-20)
                          Stony152 (-25)

For Odrl to win he needs a Robertson win and to make up 6 points. If Robertson wins 13-8, 13-9, or 13-10 Odrl will make up 4 points on JimMalone. That's the most he can make up, so JimMalone is the winner regardless of tonight's outcome.
                          Well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Still, in the first round I was waaaaay to risky with my prediction, searching for a huge upset and letting Higgins drop out against Gould. Seemed more likely to me than Trump losing against McLeod though

At least I had Dott, Maguire and Xiao comint through. But so had plenty others...

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                            Well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Still, in the first round I was waaaaay to risky with my prediction, searching for a huge upset and letting Higgins drop out against Gould. Seemed more likely to me than Trump losing against McLeod though

At least I had Dott, Maguire and Xiao comint through. But so had plenty others...
                            You did really well in the 2nd round. If Fu wins tonight you'll go 8 for 8 and not be off by more than three frames in any match. That's damn impressive.

Comment

• An absolutely awful session so far.

I can't see any way these two beating Selby.

Comment

• Am I imagining things, or is Marco...........angry?? Don't think I've seen that before.

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X