Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Kargetina View Post
    Disgusting luck for Fu.

He should be 7:0 down and he might go onto tomorrow trailing only 5:3.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, but Fu was having absolutely no luck while I was watching, so I'd say he was due some good fortune. What exactly happened?

Comment

• So let me just get this out there...cmon Ding!

:snooker:

Comment

• My horse Higgins is running nicely, great start to the second session

Comment

• Ronnie will need to get his long potting under control if he wants to win this. I think having to rely on your opponents mistakes in the balls adds an extra bit of pressure. He's doesn't seem to be forcing mistakes through safety play either.

Comment

• Ding has put himself in a great position to win this match against Ronnie which is surprising since Ding has usually lost to Ronnie within the first few frames. Ronnie is all over the place also.

Comment

• That positional shot from O'Sullivan to leave himself the tough black in the third frame tonight was a key moment. He usually has those clearances for breakfast, but it looks like tonight is not his night. Is it pressure? Or just a bad day?

In any case, the session is far from over. Anything could still happen, including O'Sullivan taking the remaining four frames. Ding will be looking for two of the last four at least. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
                Ding has put himself in a great position to win this match against Ronnie which is surprising since Ding has usually lost to Ronnie within the first few frames. Ronnie is all over the place also.
                I think Ding has matured and grown mentally. Reaching the final for him last year has helped him.

Comment

• As I mentioned in the morning session, Ronnie doesn't possess a long game, its awful for a top pro really that he is so far out. This is a major weakness against the top players and the reason why he's very unlikely to win a big ranking event.

He is obviously aware of it and this puts more pressure on the little chances he gets and that's why he's making silly mistakes or missing pots. I think this match will possibly change Ronnie as a player. He either changes his play and tries to play more conservatively or he may just decide that he can't compete at the very top level and choose to just play exhibitions.

Think Ronnie has mentally given up. Knows Ding isn't scared of him and isn't able to score when he gets in. Retirement imminent tomorrow, I'm calling it.
                  Last edited by cueman; 25 April 2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                    As I mentioned in the morning session, Ronnie doesn't possess a long game, its awful for a top pro really that he is so far out. This is a major weakness against the top players and the reason why he's very unlikely to win a big ranking event.

He is obviously aware of it and this puts more pressure on the little chances he gets and that's why he's making silly mistakes or missing pots. I think this match will possibly change Ronnie as a player. He either changes his play and tries to play more conservatively or he may just decide that he can't compete at the very top level and choose to just play exhibitions.
                    His long game was never among the best IMO.

In this frame he went for to many risky balls, leaving Ding to many chances.

Comment

• I really hope I'm wrong but I certainly wouldn't be calling this one over yet, like Steve and the rest seem to be doing, not by a long shot.

Ding can crumble and we all know what his opponent can do.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        I really hope I'm wrong but I certainly wouldn't be calling this one over yet, like Steve and the rest seem to be doing, not by a long shot.

Ding can crumble and we all know what his opponent can do.
                        First thing that entered my mind, he is far enough ahead that we are getting into a Ding implosion situation. I'm not sure Ronnie is up to it though but if he smells blood you never know.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• I think if Ding gets to 11-5 it's over. But not at 10-6 and definitely not yet.

Comment

• Ding is playing brilliant snooker, games already over IMO. Higgins is looking brilliant to get to the semis too.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                              Ding is playing brilliant snooker, games already over IMO.
                              I can't see a way back for Ronnie either.

Comment

• Ding has been excellent and relentless. Hard to see Ronnie getting back into this now.

Comment

Working...
                                X