No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That sums up the morning session. Higgins only just fails to go in off, Hawkins finds and pots a three plant only to go in off. Nothing has gone right for Hawkins and Higgins has got away with some poor play to still look like winning with a session to spare.

Comment

• Yes it was an easy half of the draw. But you still gotta pot the balls I guess. On page 1 of this thread I said he was overpriced at 16s, hope you were all on each way, blimey I actually got something right about betting ha ha. Winner of ding and Selby probably be favourite, but Higgins has the experience and if he raises his game he could nick it, final hopefully be a close match
      I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

• Barry Hawkins' record in World semi-finals now includes a defeat with a session to spare, and most likely two defeats where he just barely avoided it. If you're a top8 seed, nobody should be beating you with a session to spare in semi-finals, at least in my opinion. Okay, it would be more understandable if Higgins was at his absolute best, but he has played mediocre stuff himself at times in this match.

I don't know what's happening to Hawkins here... In 2014 and 2015 he came through really epic quarter-finals and quite clearly had nothing left in the tank, but this year he had it reasonably easy. Perhaps it's becoming a mental block now...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          Barry Hawkins' record in World semi-finals now includes a defeat with a session to spare, and most likely two defeats where he just barely avoided it. If you're a top8 seed, nobody should be beating you with a session to spare in semi-finals, at least in my opinion. Okay, it would be more understandable if Higgins was at his absolute best, but he has played mediocre stuff himself at times in this match.

I don't know what's happening to Hawkins here... In 2014 and 2015 he came through really epic quarter-finals and quite clearly had nothing left in the tank, but this year he had it reasonably easy. Perhaps it's becoming a mental block now...
          He didn't seem to relax during the match. He also hasn't been scoring anywhere near as heavily as other players in the tournament, so maybe he's just lacking a bit of confidence in himself.

Comment

• Let battle re-commence. First blood for Selby

Comment

• Started watching it, but for me anyway, there is something about Selby that's just difficult to watch, sorry, can't put my finger on it. It might be the up and down on shots, constant wiping the table, looking to balcony, camera pans to balcony, back down on shot. etc etc
              Last edited by richo; 29 April 2017, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by richo View Post
                Started watching it, but for me anyway, there is something about Selby that's just difficult to watch, sorry, can't put my finger on it. It might be the up and down on shots, constant wiping the table, looking to balcony, camera pans to balcony, back down on shot. etc etc
                To be fair, Selby's not the producer of the TV output. You should tweet BBCsnooker - I agree it's fecking annoying.

Comment

• I want to slam head against a wall. Selby is going to safety Ding to submission.

Comment

• Ronnie is my favourite player and Ding is my second favourite player, but I'm always surprised that Selby seemingly gets slagged off so much. For me he is a masterful player. You never ever get an easy frame against him, he makes you fight for every ball, his safety is immaculate, he pots tough balls under pressure time and time again, he's knocked in 472 centuries, more than Trump, more than anyone apart from O' Sullivan, Hendry, Higgins and Robertson, he's world number 1 by absolutely miles in the rankings. He fully deserves to be where he is in the game.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
                      Hello jonny66, thank you for your input. Will that be live on filmon.tv? Can you get Eurosport on an iPad?
                      put kodi on subscribe to flawless, a few quid and enjoy

Comment

• Well I never thought after how I felt a few years back I would be routing for Higgins in a final!

Comment

• I still believe in Ding!

Comment

• Hope either Ding or Hawkins wins the tournament. Can't stand seeing Selby or Higgings win this again.

Comment

• Just an unbelievable semi final this!

:snooker:

Comment

• I hope he breaks a bone for that last bash on table
                                Current playing cue Trevor White
                                3/4 ash cue

Comment

Working...
                                X