No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal shots at the end of that break .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• If Selby wins this year, that will be three in four years. He'll be 34 in June, so he probably has 6-8 more good chances to do it again. I think the O/U right now is 4.5. Either getting level with Higgins or O'Sullivan and an outside chance of getting to 6 to match Davis.

I'm probably getting ahead of myself a bit, but his present form is as good as anybody has ever played the game. He really has no weaknesses.

Comment

• He's been flawless. He's played flawlessly. (yes, I'm also a grammar Nazi)

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          What Selby was playing the last four frames is simply ridiculous. A 132, 139 and 143 within four frames, with just one missed pot on black in between.
          That 143 was one of the most amazing breaks I've ever seen.
          Ohh man why do I have to be stuck at work !
          Sounds like he is on fire

Comment

• Well if Selby continues to play like this no one will beat him. But usually you can't keep such a ridiculous standard.

Poor Marco, there was really not much, what he could do. Didn't deserve such a thrashing after such a great season.

Comment

• Willie Thorne shouldn't be let near the commentary box for any Selby game , or as far I'm concerned , for any game.

Comment

• I think Ronnie must know that he has very little chance of beating a Selby in this kind of form. I wonder if psychologically it's affecting him slightly as he plays Ding. In the long run he might be better off not putting himself through the torture of playing Selby in a best of 33.

Comment

• that was an awesome display from Selby, what a a frame the 15th potting them off the lampshades. simply unsoppable

Comment

• The standard hasn't been great I agree. The only match of genuine top quality was Higgins vs Allen. A lot of matches have been quite scrappy, lots of comfortable wins too which is a shame because it seems one player plays well and the other crumbles under pressure.

I cannot see anyone getting close to Selby, he's playing near his best and I don't think anyone else is playing their 'A' game. I can see him dominating the semi and final, a worrying sign for the rest.

Comment

• Originally Posted by turtytree View Post
                      Willie Thorne shouldn't be let near the commentary box for any Selby game , or as far I'm concerned , for any game.
                      I really don't get why Thorne is still employed by BBC. He had a very mediocre career. His personal life hasn't exactly been squeeky clean. And mostly because he's just not a very good commentator. Doherty and Griffiths are also painful to listen to, but at least they were great players and have a certain standing in the snooker community.

Comment

• It's true. So far this World Championship hasn't given us great matches.

Allen - Higgins was a very good one, but not quite a classic. And Fu - Robertson had the atmosphere and tenison of one, but lacked in quality.
                        And sadly I haven't seen much of Ding - Liang. But well the tournament is not over and maybe there is more to come.

Comment

• Marco Fu looked resigned to defeat throughout this match but it must be said that Mark Selby played some brilliant stuff there. Brilliant to watch

Comment

• All time greatest in the modern era..(no Reardon, Griffiths, Thorburn, Spencer or Alex Higgins) If Selby wins this year he moves ahead of Mark Williams. This is the top 10 for me.

Hendry
                            O'Sullivan
                            Davis
                            Higgins
                            Selby
                            Williams
                            White
                            Doherty
                            Parrott
                            Robertson

Comment

• Disappointing fight from Fu. Slightly anti climatic feeling going on, these are supposed to be matches... Selby playing extremely well and will now get a longer R&R than his next oppo which is another factor at the world's.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by turtytree View Post
                                Willie Thorne shouldn't be let near the commentary box for any Selby game , or as far I'm concerned , for any game.
                                He has a serious case of Cherry Blossom poisoning.......cringing at times to listen to .
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X