Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding order of play

Hi,

I visited the Crucible from Sunday-Wednesday and saw a few sessions, which I really enjoyed. A group of us are hoping to go again next year, probably in Round 1 again.

This year, Selby kicked off the tournament with the opening game. Does the defending champion always start the following year's tournament, and is it always on table 1?

Also (and I haven't checked all the matches, so this could be wrong and if that is the case, apologies) it seemed that for Round 1, if a pair played in the morning session, they finished their match off in the evening session. Similarly, if they started their match off in the afternoon session, they finished their match in the following morning session (i.e., there was a one session break). Is this always the case?

I have Googled but haven't been able to find the answer, as the sites I checked don't appear to have this detail.

Originally Posted by Big_G View Post
    Hi,

I visited the Crucible from Sunday-Wednesday and saw a few sessions, which I really enjoyed. A group of us are hoping to go again next year, probably in Round 1 again.

This year, Selby kicked off the tournament with the opening game. Does the defending champion always start the following year's tournament, and is it always on table 1?
    Yep, current champion always play on first Saturday morning and evening whole match

Originally Posted by Big_G View Post
    Also (and I haven't checked all the matches, so this could be wrong and if that is the case, apologies) it seemed that for Round 1, if a pair played in the morning session, they finished their match off in the evening session. Similarly, if they started their match off in the afternoon session, they finished their match in the following morning session (i.e., there was a one session break). Is this always the case?
    No, but most matches in first round end their match with one free session, as you observed. But there are exceptions in this rule, and sometimes one pair can play one morning, and instead this day evening they can end next day ; or the afternoon match can end next day afternoon, or even evening. But in first round and in semi finals, no one can play consecutive sessions (yes in last 16, in quarter-finals and in the final)

I have Googled but haven't been able to find the answer, as the sites I checked don't appear to have this detail.[/QUOTE]

Good luck

Comment

The defending champion is always first morning session and evening session, Day 1 and table 1.
      The other Round 1 order is as you state; unless like yesterday when a match over-runs
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

OK, thanks.

One more question. In Round 1, do both sessions in a specific match always take place on the same table (except when a match overruns, where I believe they then use the first available table after the evening session)?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          The defending champion is always first morning session and evening session, Day 1 and table 1.
          The other Round 1 order is as you state; unless like yesterday when a match over-runs
          This is usual rule, but there are exceptions:

Here are all the matches of this year:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...e-and-Sessions

-Ronnie and Gary play afternoon in both days
          -Murphy and Bingtao play morning and next day afternoon, same as Ding Junhui match
          -Mark Allen play both evenings

And as you said, Thursday´s matches too because there are no morning sessions

Comment

Working...
          X