• Show
Clear All

World Open 2017

5-0 to Craigie against Trump
    Trump hardly had a go at the table.
    well done Sam
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Off form Dean or did Sam play very well ?
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        5-0 to Craigie against Trump
        Trump hardly had a go at the table.
        well done Sam
        Really surprising result. So the world number 3 won't feature at the World Open.
        Last edited by JimMalone; 7 August 2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          Can't see it. Just follow the livescores on worldsnooker and wanted to give an update for users that might be interested.
          Oh I see, sorry didn't realise. Well, Judd's gone out whitewashed and from what I saw Sam played very well and Judd didn't.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Does anybody know why Ali Carter and Zhou Yuelong chose not to enter this event?

Comment

Another clear 0-5 loss from Scott Donaldson, this time against Ian Burns. Hasn't qualified for a tournament so far this season.
              I really thought Scott Donaldson was going to kick on a wee bit this season, plenty of time yet I suppose.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

A few people suggesting that the laser eye surgery Judd had last week may have been the reason for his very poor performance. I guess having something like that done a week before qualifiers is not the ideal preparation. Possibly it hasn't worked as well as had been hoped. Saw quite a bit of the game on youtube earlier and Judd was certainly struggling, didn't seem to try.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  A few people suggesting that the laser eye surgery Judd had last week may have been the reason for his very poor performance. I guess having something like that done a week before qualifiers is not the ideal preparation. Possibly it hasn't worked as well as had been hoped. Saw quite a bit of the game on youtube earlier and Judd was certainly struggling, didn't seem to try.
                  That could be the reason, did he wear contacts before?
                  Only a week ago? That is not much time for the vision to settle, a friend who had both eyes done a year ago said that it took months for her eyes to settle. Of course the prescription and personal circumstances vary

Comment

That could be the reason, did he wear contacts before?
                    Only a week ago? That is not much time for the vision to settle, a friend who had both eyes done a year ago said that it took months for her eyes to settle. Of course the prescription and personal circumstances vary
                    Yes I believe he used to wear contacts. I guess for a snooker player there is never a good time to have this done. I guess better to get it done early in the season rather than at the business end around the UK and into the new year as the more prestigious events take place.

Comment

He had since the WC to get it done?

I assume that Dean's ex wife isn't the only to struggle with post operation vision issues

Comment

An operation obviously takes time. We will see how he continues.

Meanwhile John Astley is on his way to another main draw, leading Chris Totten 4-1.

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                          He had since the WC to get it done?

I assume that Dean's ex wife isn't the only to struggle with post operation vision issues
                          no such thing as a "Dean ex wife"!, there is one and only wife (and for those that recall, she is a member on here so I have to be careful with what I say)

seriously, it was a friend and it was her husband who paid the huge cost for the operation

Comment

Did she recognise him afterwards?

Comment

Does anybody know why Ali Carter and Zhou Yuelong chose not to enter this event?
                              Just saw that Yan Bingtao is also missing from the qualifying draw. Anybody knows the background? Seems strange to me that the two biggest chinese youngsters would not play at a huge tournament in China.

Comment

....and for those that recall, she is a member on here so I have to be careful with what I say....
                                Just curious Dean, but how do you do this? I only ask because my Mrs has asked me about becoming a member but I always assumed multiple accounts on the same IP address were a no go. Ta.

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X