World Open 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    I make him the favorite against Cao, to whom reaching the round of 16 here is already the biggest success in his career. 5-2 to Brecel.
    Cao Yupeng did reach the last16 of the World Championship in 2012, after that infamous match with Mark Allen, when Allen accused him of cheating. :wink:

I agree with your predictions, but it's been the kind of tournament where things haven't gone to plan much, so you never know... :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      Cao Yupeng did reach the last16 of the World Championship in 2012, after that infamous match with Mark Allen, when Allen accused him of cheating. :wink:

I agree with your predictions, but it's been the kind of tournament where things haven't gone to plan much, so you never know... :smile:
      Oh, yes that one slipped completely from my mind momentarily.

Yeah, but it would be a bit cowardly now to stop to predict anything. :smile:

Comment

The Ding v Perry is on ES Player, maybe the Chinese broadcaster has dibbed the live broadcast rights leaving ES with highlights later?

[1-0 Ding]
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Anybody else has the feeling that Ebdon vs. Li could become a pretty long match?

Comment

Wow, now this is a very weird decision. Eurosport shows Brecel - Cao instead of Perry - Ding.
            And interesting it is too...

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
              And interesting it is too...
              Yep, quite an interesting match so far.

Comment

Yep, quite an interesting match so far.
                And a better than the norm waistcoat?

Comment

Ding storms through in a hurry, beating Perry 5-1. If Ding wins the tournament, he would be new #2 in the world.

Comment

Heh, Mike Hallett did his "the rule was changed a couple of seasons ago" nonsense again. I had not heard that in a while, so I was hoping someone had educated him, but I guess not... :wink:

Anyway, nice match. :smile:

Comment

• Brecel is a lucky man. :smile: I expect Li Hang to eventually come through against Ebdon, which would give us quite an interesting quarter-final line-up. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                        Brecel is a lucky man. :smile: I expect Li Hang to eventually come through against Ebdon, which would give us quite an interesting quarter-final line-up. :smile:
                        Indeed. But in my country Eurosport won't show anything tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                          Indeed. But in my country Eurosport won't show anything tomorrow.
                          Really? Both sessions are shown in Slovenia. :smile: What do you get instead?

Comment

• Li Hang wins finally, he will face Ding Junhui tomorrow

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              Really? Both sessions are shown in Slovenia. :smile: What do you get instead?
                              Probably motorsports of all things. Terrible. If it was tennis or cycling, then okay.

Comment

• Predictions for the quarterfinals:

McGill vs. Brecel
                                I haven't seen McGill in this tournament, but his results seem pretty strong and also his final appearance in India suggests this. Brecel wasn't exactly breathtaking today. I'm going with McGill, 5-3.

Li - Ding
                                Both hadn't the easiest path, but were pretty convincing, especially Ding. So deep in the tournament he maybe has also a mental edge. 5-3 to Ding.

Williams - Wilson
                                Williams lost only one frame so far and while his road to the quarterfinals was fairly easy I have to make him the favorite here. 5-4 to Williams.

Allen - Gilbert
                                Allen had a tough task today and succeded by beating Robertson, while Gilbert took out world number 2 Higgins. The whole last season Allen only once reached a quarterfinal. This he did already, I think he can go further now. 5-2 to Allen.

Comment

Working...
                                X