No announcement yet.

2017 China Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will be highly interesting to follow Luca now. Can he back up his results over the course of the next events? We shouldn't ignore that the play in this tournament wasn't of high quality and Brecel didn't play at a new level rather than seizing the opportunity of rather weak opponents. But the title obviously could give him new confidence, so we will see if he can up his overall level or at least play more consistently.
    My guess is that it won't be a huge breakthrough and he won't be suddenly a new player, but he will make a slight step forward.

Comment

• It really could go either way. Luca has a history of following up breakthroughs with slumps. But this win isn't totally out of the blue for the season since his record so far is 11-1, so the win may increase his confidence. If I remember correctly, when Judd Trump won the China Open, it gave him the confidence to play and execute his attacking game. Luca is a similar type of player, so even just feeling like a top player may be enough to loosen his arm up and make more of those silly shots he goes for.

My prediction, I expect at least one more good run this season, maybe to a semi-final and we will see him in the Masters in January.

Comment

• well done Luka ...

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          It will be highly interesting to follow Luca now. Can he back up his results over the course of the next events? We shouldn't ignore that the play in this tournament wasn't of high quality and Brecel didn't play at a new level rather than seizing the opportunity of rather weak opponents. But the title obviously could give him new confidence, so we will see if he can up his overall level or at least play more consistently.
          My guess is that it won't be a huge breakthrough and he won't be suddenly a new player, but he will make a slight step forward.
          I think that Luca played extremely well against Ronnie. I have never seen him play this well before, I have heard that he is very talented and I have seen some excellent demonstrations but this is a first time he held it together, especially after Ronnie kept him in his seat for a couple of frames, I was so suprised at his performance, I could see that Ronnie was as well, he was a bit lucky but a win against Ronnie is a great win.... luck or not...
          I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
            It will be highly interesting to follow Luca now. Can he back up his results over the course of the next events? We shouldn't ignore that the play in this tournament wasn't of high quality and Brecel didn't play at a new level rather than seizing the opportunity of rather weak opponents. But the title obviously could give him new confidence, so we will see if he can up his overall level or at least play more consistently.
            Agree with that but even if he moves on and establishes himself as a top 16 player (as Kyren Wilson) has done, that's huge progress.

Comment

• A surprisingly disappointing turnout for the final, considering how popular the game is in China you'd have expected it to be full.

On a more positive note - loved the carpet!

Comment

Working...
              X