No announcement yet.

2017 Paul Hunter Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to see this once great tourney diminished in value with such a ET format, was the final on ES by any chance?

Comment

The whole event was only on ES Player

By "ET" do you mean European Tour event? As far as I know the events that were known as Paul Hunter (before this one and the 2016 event) were all "PTC/ET" type events; so I don't think its value has been diminished but actually raised to a full ranking event instead of a "Minor".
      I do think it should be more than 'best of 7' but played over more frames (all rounds not just SF/F); this is a constant discussion with us fans wanting more and the schedulers/sponsors/WS needing to get the matches completed in the shortest number of days.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        The whole event was only on ES Player

By "ET" do you mean European Tour event? As far as I know the events that were known as Paul Hunter (before this one and the 2016 event) were all "PTC/ET" type events; so I don't think its value has been diminished but actually raised to a full ranking event instead of a "Minor".
        I do think it should be more than 'best of 7' but played over more frames (all rounds not just SF/F); this is a constant discussion with us fans wanting more and the schedulers/sponsors/WS needing to get the matches completed in the shortest number of days.
        I don't see why the semis can't be best of 9 and the final best of 11 or 13. The event finished at around 10 PM. I don't see a problem with it finishing an hour or two later. To have a full ranking event with a best of 7 final is a travesty.

Comment

This tournament has always only had best of 7 finals, but over the years it has gained so much reputation that it could (should?) have a longer format for the finishing stage.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
          X