2017 Indian Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    yeah really good to watch one of the 92s moving through the gears when the heat is on, against anyone, but especially against the best youngster out there trowing everything at them.
    the lad dont know it yet but all these disappointing battles now will be his foundation for the toughest match player a few years down the road.. along with a couple of others hes well worth a lump to be wc within 5yrs.
    I think Higgins got very very very lucky in frame 5, and on other occasions, Higgins played well but was very lucky to make it thru, the young guy made some very bad mistakes as well. Cheers
    I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Ken Doherty keeps rolling. 4-3 over Sam Baird to make the round of the last 16. Only seven players have garnered more ranking points this season so far.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
        Ken Doherty keeps rolling. 4-3 over Sam Baird to make the round of the last 16. Only seven players have garnered more ranking points this season so far.
        he certainly is using his ITC to the max and seems to have a refreshed enjoyment of his game
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
          I think Higgins got very very very lucky in frame 5, and on other occasions, Higgins played well but was very lucky to make it thru, the young guy made some very bad mistakes as well. Cheers

errors and run of the ball were pretty much even match wise but yes frame 5 seemed a key frame, sometimes frames can turn against you when you arent able take the chance to kill it off.
          but all that had gone before was irrelevant when it went 3-3, and still good to watch the class of 92 40+ players dish in a decider.

Comment

So unless John Higgins or Anthony McGill wins this tournament we are guaranteed to have another suprising winner in India, as Shaun Murphy (1:4 to Elliott Slessor), Stuart Bingham (3:4 to Mark King) and Mark Allen (1:4 to David Gilbert) all lost in the round of the last 16.

Comment

19-year-old Chinese Xu Si is in his first ranking semifinal after beating David Gilbert 4-0. In the top half Anthony McGill is among the last four as well after a 4-0 win over Zhang Anda.

Comment

19-year-old Chinese Xu Si is in his first ranking semifinal after beating David Gilbert 4-0. In the top half Anthony McGill is among the last four as well after a 4-0 win over Zhang Anda.
                I was hoping Gilbert would defeat Xu Si, he is playing well, did well to beat Maflin from 3 behind. Slessor is playing very well, I think if he keeps this form he will win the tourny.
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Higgins eases through with 4-0 against Highfield, now plays Xu.

Comment

Second semifinal will be McGill - King.

Comment

Second semifinal will be McGill - King.
                      I put my money on McGill !!

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                        Only stream I can find is on Snooker Cheer fackbook page
                        Found this link via facebook https://www.facebook.com/agtvsnooker/ commentary is not in English though
                        Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

All Scottish final!

Comment

So we've got a scottish final. And for both players a win here would mean quite a lot, despite the fact that it is one of the lowest ranking events.

Anthony McGill would not only defend his title successfully, but win his third ranking title, setting him on par with the likes of Paul Hunter, Marco Fu and Barry Hawkins. At least by the numbers. Of course the other mentioned players have won the more prestigious and worthy titles, especially when you consider that McGills third title is the pathetic Shoot-out. Just shows that 3 ranking titles simply are not always the same as 3 ranking titles. A win would also allow him to overtake Mark Williams and Ryan Day in the rankings though and propel him back into the Top 16 of the world.

John Higgins would finally win his first ranking title since the 2015 International Championship and his 29th overall, which would move him into lone second place on the all-time list, breaking a tie with Steve Davis and Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Comment

Ranking events are not all created equal. Far from it, there are too many soft touch events now which render the all time list pointless.

Comment

Just shows that 3 ranking titles simply are not always the same as 3 ranking titles.
                                You can't imagine how much it winds me up when people talk about ranking titles these days, and they try to put it into some sort of "all-time" context, but crap like the Shoot-Out and the best-of-7 stuff count the same as proper events on their list. I like Anthony McGill and hope to see him winning many events in the future, but for me, the number of major ranking events he has won in his career is 0, win or lose today.

Similar stuff with the battle between Higgins and O'Sullivan about who is going to overtake Davis first. Okay, there is no Shoot-Out or the Indian Open inflating their statistics, but still, if you take the best-of-7 stuff out, they are both still on 26, two away from Davis.

I know most people couldn't care less, but I will continue to complain about this until the end of time. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X