No announcement yet.

2017 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If either of them turn up tomorrow playing like this it will be straight forward for Murphy, even Day would stand a fair chance

Comment

• Nail biter in a crucial frame for Maguire

Comment

• Missing this black is so typical Maguire...

Edit: Could bet he leaves it for Ronnie in a pocket now. And he does.

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
          Maguire guaranteed to bottle it today, always pisses his pants when he sees Ronnie in the opposite chair
          Missed black for 1-1 ...I can smell ****!
          Highest break - 145
          Playing cue - an old antique Burroughs & Watts 'London Soho Square' 1 piece maple - 58" / 16.5oz / with a 10mm tip

"Fantabulous!"...

Comment

• Are these semi finals the shortest ones around? Or at least the only ones that don't increase in length from previous rounds.

Someone needs to have a word with Barry, extend the BBC deal as long as you like but if people want longer matches and definitely some two session snooker then give the people what they want.

Game over at 3 nil I thought and if it goes 4 nil then even more so.

Day better not win later, he is definitely in the can't beat Ronnie club in my book.

However Ronnie could play for a whitewash final I guess..

Would rather a rematch final and a better one than the CoC though that did get tense once Ronnie started to play and made a comeback. I didn't think he played much above his B game then though.

If Murphy And Ronnie play an A game tomorrow, it will be a cracker....just in time for Xmas.

Comment

• I'd rather be watching last nights scrappy affair than this one sided match with a no show player. I hope Maguire can sneak one back before the interval

Comment

• Originally Posted by cebs View Post
                Are these semi finals the shortest ones around? Or at least the only ones that don't increase in length from previous rounds.

Someone needs to have a word with Barry, extend the BBC deal as long as you like but if people want longer matches and definitely some two session snooker then give the people what they want.

Game over at 3 nil I thought and if it goes 4 nil then even more so.

Day better not win later, he is definitely in the can't beat Ronnie club in my book.

However Ronnie could play for a whitewash final I guess..

Would rather a rematch final and a better one than the CoC though that did get tense once Ronnie started to play and made a comeback. I didn't think he played much above his B game then though.

If Murphy And Ronnie play an A game tomorrow, it will be a cracker....just in time for Xmas.
                If it's a Murphy versus O'Sullivan final tomorrow and, as you hope for, both play their A game... Ronnie will WIN (simple as).
                Highest break - 145
                Playing cue - an old antique Burroughs & Watts 'London Soho Square' 1 piece maple - 58" / 16.5oz / with a 10mm tip

"Fantabulous!"...

Comment

• I don't think ROS has played well all week tbh. All his opponents gave him huge leads or were unlucky. Maguire winning a 3rd in a row could spell trouble.

Comment

• Do people in the crowd keep those little earpieces when the match is over? Presumably its an additional cost as not everyone has them, nor does anyone want to listen to the commentators dribble on.

Comment

• Finally some ROS brilliance.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                        I don't think ROS has played well all week tbh. All his opponents gave him huge leads or were unlucky. Maguire winning a 3rd in a row could spell trouble.
                        Agreed, I think sometimes his opponents are beaten by the reputation not the player at the table.

He has given plenty of chances this week, but for whatever reason no one has been able to go past him.

Comment

• Don't think the tables have played to everybodies strengths, I know it's not mentioned as much by players these days (table conditions) but it has made breakbuilding tougher for them to capitalise on chances

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                            Do people in the crowd keep those little earpieces when the match is over? Presumably its an additional cost as not everyone has them, nor does anyone want to listen to the commentators dribble on.
                            they are additional and yes you keep them, the first one I had worked the following year so there was a saving there
                            It is ok listening to them, I used to listen to the main match while watching another match
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              they are additional and yes you keep them, the first one I had worked the following year so there was a saving there
                              It is ok listening to them, I used to listen to the main match while watching another match
                              That sounds confusing and possibly annoying. What if you were watching some complete dross and listening to someone wax lyrical about all the great shots and big breaks on a match you can't see?

Comment

• Turning interesting if Maguire gets this

Comment

Working...
                                X