....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Egyptian player
      Taken two frames already off the world #1
      I think in the past he has had some visa issues
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basem_Eltahhan
      And actually his first two frames won as pro.
      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
        That has happened, but there is time limits mentioned earlier depending on the event and the venue. It happens with some events with roll on roll off format. UK Championship is a regulated timed sessions.
        I understand that there are time limits for sessions, but those two matches were started this morning. Then there was an afternoon session which started at 2:30. A couple of the afternoon matches finished quite early, so why couldn't the unfinished morning matches finished then? There was plenty of time before the evening session was to start. Instead they are making them wait until there are available tables as the evening session finishes. They've made them wait an extra few hours for no particular reason.
        Send a twitface to the tournament director

Maybe they told the players to rest for a bit away from the venue

Also referees have time limits on their "clocks" so maybe that came into affect as well, ?
        Looks like they are playing tonight
        Last edited by DeanH; 29 November 2017, 10:47 PM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
          Egyptian player
          Taken two frames already off the world #1
          I think in the past he has had some visa issues
          https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basem_Eltahhan
          And actually his first two frames won as pro.
          Three now against #1
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

He seems to be struggling with the pace of the table, Selby's been playing gash as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
              And a little search on google ;-)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/42071570
              There’s also the audio. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05pg76d

Selby is now through 6-4.

Comment

Most of the people thought he'd win 1 frame at best, must be really encouraging for him to win 4 frames vs Selby.

Comment

"He played like a top-32 player," Selby said. "He did himself proud. I said to him if he keeps performing like that he will do well on tour.

"It was unbelievable really. I knew he was a nice lad but had never seen him play before. He was fantastic," Selby said.

Eltahhan, who is the only African player on tour, scored three half-centuries and was thrilled with his display.

"He is the man to beat," Eltahhan said. "He is the world champion and the world number one. I settled quite quickly but he put me under pressure."
                  http://www.bbc.com/sport/snooker/42168487

Comment

I know Basem after spending a couple of weeks with him in Egypt at the World team event and 6 reds. Lovely guy and good player, but he didn't qualify out of his group last year so I didn't give him a prayer v Selby. Glad to be surprised by an excellent performance by him, even though, ultimately it wasn't enough to beat the World no 1 and World Champion.
                    I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm watching the snooker on euro sport player (subscribed), but it only ever lets me watch two matches (table 1 and table 2), how do I watch the others? thanks.

Comment

You cannot mate. ES only shows the two televised tables. There aren not any others.

Just watched a bit of Robbo vs Rod........OMG......tooke Rod 10 min to make a 40 break....this is embarrassing. At some point I thought my feed had died but nope, it was Rod locked in his stance for ages. Awful to match...
                        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Ah that sucks.

Cheers for the reply mate.

Comment

The result of Dings match is quite shocking. Aside from this there haven't been any real surprises so far, but now Ali Carter trails Jimmy White 2-4.

Comment

I always have trouble understanding the rule when you foul while potting the black. White was up 48-45 with only the black left. He pots it, but the white ball almost goes into the yellow pocket. Potting the black makes it 55-45. So if the white ball had gone in, would he have lost the frame?

4-2 for Jimmy.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                                I always have trouble understanding the rule when you foul while potting the black. White was up 48-45 with only the black left. He pots it, but the white ball almost goes into the yellow pocket. Potting the black makes it 55-45. So if the white ball had gone in, would he have lost the frame?

4-2 for Jimmy.
                                Yes, cause then Ali would have received the 7 points for the foul and thus won the frame 52-48. The black isn't respotted if it is from the table, regardless if it was a correct pot or a foul.

Comment

Working...
                                X