No announcement yet.

2017 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have the BBC done away with the Red Button channel, or has it just moved? It used to be in the high 900s but I can't find it anywhere.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      Have the BBC done away with the Red Button channel, or has it just moved? It used to be in the high 900s but I can't find it anywhere.
      Sky 980
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Sky 980
        Thanks, Dean. How I missed that I don't know
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• A real shocker. I actually thought that Selby wouldn't win this tournament, but was confident he would go quite far again. Really didn't expect him to lose that early.

While I'm a bit disappointed about this, cause I would have liked to see him at the latter stages, this really opens the tournament more. And also it's nice to see Donaldson finally get a good win again.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Sky 980
            No Snooker on the RB for those who only have freeview I take it? Looked on channel 250 but not a sausage.
            Last edited by spike; 2 December 2017, 07:20 PM.
            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
              A real shocker. I actually thought that Selby wouldn't win this tournament, but was confident he would go quite far again. Really didn't expect him to lose that early.

While I'm a bit disappointed about this, cause I would have liked to see him at the latter stages, this really opens the tournament more. And also it's nice to see Donaldson finally get a good win again.
              Yeah he seemed to almost run out of ideas. Once Donaldson got a rhythm going he was difficult to catch.
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                Robertson played some good stuff on the other table, didn't he? He had three centuries after the interval, I can't remember if they were all total clearances or not, and he got well past 400 points without reply at one point. :smile:
                Didn't he rattle one of the blacks at the end of a clearance.

Superb from him as well and getting a century off an outrageous fluke must have killed Doherty!

He really did start to fly potting balls for fun at the end of each clearance.

Comment

• Donaldson deserved the win, I reckon he has a much better game than his previous 10 losses in a row and being at world number 66. Exciting to see underdogs performing and the tournament opening up with Ding and Selby out, I won't shed a tear for them

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    No, it's definitely a drawn one, it's more the hair than the beak.
                    The hair is a bit Milhouse from the Simpsons....
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• It took me a while to see that little black vertical line shows who's turn is it. Who thought of the design? It's awful!

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                        Donaldson deserved the win, I reckon he has a much better game than his previous 10 losses in a row and being at world number 66. Exciting to see underdogs performing and the tournament opening up with Ding and Selby out, I won't shed a tear for them
                        I like seeing players come through as you never know how they'll react to a win like this. It would be good to see him build on it and win a couple more.

Comment

• I was interested in watching the Fu vs Xintong match :/

Comment

• Ronnie's interview from 15 days earlier :
                            “I’m not one for setting myself targets, but there’s nothing that can’t be done. If you said to me I would have another ten or 15 years playing snooker and be happy, but not get (Hendry’s) record, I would take that. I’d prefer that to playing for two or three more years and getting to 38 titles. It’s all about longevity for me. I enjoy the tour and the travelling and having a good life.
                            And a recent one:
                            Ronnie O'Sullivan says there is no chance he will be playing snooker into his 50s like Jimmy White.

O'Sullivan, 41, beat Welsh schoolboy Jackson Page 6-3 on Thursday to follow 1992 winner White, 55, into the UK Championship second round.

"Jimmy still loves playing," said the five-time UK champion.

"I still like playing, but I couldn't be doing what he is doing and competing like him. I find it hard enough as it is, never mind another 14 years on."

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
                              It took me a while to see that little black vertical line shows who's turn is it. Who thought of the design? It's awful!
                              I like the new graphics - the opening titles are brilliant. As for the indicator showing who's shot it is, once you see it, it does its job perfectly well.

Although the one area I really want to see the graphics brought out of the 1980s, is with the telecaster thing that allows the commentators to draw their predictions over the table. Whoever designed the table graphics that Eurosport use (or is ITV?) has got it right - nice, subtle and unobtrusive.
                              Last edited by Billy; 2 December 2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                I like the new graphics - the opening titles are brilliant. As for the indicator showing who's shot it is, once you see it, it does its job perfectly well.

Although the one area I really want to see the graphics brought out of the 1980s, is with the telecaster thing that allows the commentators to draw their predictions over the table. Whoever designed the table graphics that Eurosport use (or is ITV?) has got it right - nice, subtle and unobtrusive.
                                It is terrible and I am sure it will get scraped or redesigned after this tournament or during. Cannot even see the scores on a small screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X