2017 Scottish Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
    Couldn't watch it but looking at the scorecards it seems Higgins was scary good.
    He wasn't as impressive as the scorecards make out - gave a few chances away but Ron couldn't clinch them.

Comment

Did I read somewhere the other day that Higgins was finished?

Doesn't seem so, maybe I missed the point of the thread.

Big victory for him though. Would be interesting to see if Ronnie would have staged a come back with more frames but we'll have to wait for a rematch!
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
        He wasn't as impressive as the scorecards make out - gave a few chances away but Ron couldn't clinch them.
        I would kind of disagree with that. It was a combo of O'Sullivan not turning up and Higgins clearing the table brilliantly ever chance he got.

He shouldn't have had the chances in some of those frames but Higgins was his deadly best when the frame winning chance came up.

Comment

Yes, the Rocket was outplayed today, fair play to John. Also, I've said it a million times, but the Eurosport lads (Andy, Jimmy & Neil) are head and shoulders above the BBC dross that we have forced upon us. Andy would be great to have a pint with I imagine, seems a top lad.

Comment

Originally Posted by StuSilver View Post
            I would kind of disagree with that. It was a combo of O'Sullivan not turning up and Higgins clearing the table brilliantly ever chance he got.

He shouldn't have had the chances in some of those frames but Higgins was his deadly best when the frame winning chance came up.
            I would say Higgins is the best finisher ever.

If I were 66 points behind with 67 on the table, and I had to hand my cue to anyone on the tour..... It would be Higgins

Comment

Originally Posted by StuSilver View Post
              Yes, I didn't intend to suggest Higgins was average, but he wasn't as invincible as the scorecards suggest.

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post

If I were 66 points behind with 67 on the table, and I had to hand my cue to anyone on the tour..... It would be Higgins
                Pretty much my view too. He's made a career out of pinching those frames.

Comment

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                  Probably a better quarter-final lineup than at the UK. There have been fewer upsets despite the fact that it's been best of 7 matches so far.

Six of the eight players left have won at least three ranking titles. The other two players (Xiao and Cao) are extremely talented and probably should be ranked higher than they are.

Should be some great matches later today.
                  I would say a much better line up. I would have prefered the top names to perform well at the UK Championship instead of the scottish open, but it seems like they are all very sharp coming out of the UK championship, it was the same in last years tournament.
                  ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                  "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

I find with the Chinese players, when they go off form, they really go off form
                    Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

• Georgiou has represented both during his career I believe the change was quite recent like Kurt Maflin he was born in the Lewisham borough of London
                      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

• Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post

I am pretty sure every player on the tour if asked who they would back to clear up for their house every single one would back john higgins.
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          I am pretty sure every player on the tour if asked who they would back to clear up for their house every single one would back john higgins.

He's so relaxed at the table it's almost not fair
                          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                            He's so relaxed at the table it's almost not fair
                            must be great to be able to come to the table and think all I have to do is clear up to win and then do it.... again and again and again!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Hopefully Ronnie pummels Higgins in the Masters where it matters. Higgin's integrity is shot to shreds after the sting. He went from being one of the sports most respected professionals to a fraud. I really don't understand how you people can like him. I guarantee you now Higgins will never win a future AAA event. Not because he lacks talent compared to Ronnie which is obvious but because of his own guilt.

Comment

• Originally Posted by RaveDave View Post
                                Hopefully Ronnie pummels Higgins in the Masters where it matters. Higgin's integrity is shot to shreds after the sting. He went from being one of the sports most respected professionals to a fraud. I really don't understand how you people can like him. I guarantee you now Higgins will never win a future AAA event. Not because he lacks talent compared to Ronnie which is obvious but because of his own guilt.
                                Try writing something coherent next time?

Comment

Working...
                                X