2017 Scottish Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a beautiful frame of snooker. :smile:

Cao Yupeng played some great tactical stuff to get back into it, but no reward for him in the end. I wouldn't be surprised if the match turned around now...

I must confess it's already been a better match than I expected though. I watched the second half of Walden-Cao last night, and I think it's fair to say it wasn't particularly good, so Cao's performance has been a pleasant surprise so far this afternoon. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Selbyjustbegun View Post
      Judd Trump is now fifth in the all-time list of top century makers. He’s now one ahead of Mark Selby.
      Wow, didn't realise that one.

With that in mind, you think he would have won a few more prestige tournaments. Still time to come though.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Cao was one black away from already being in this final...

Wouldn't surprise me if Trump overtakes ROS in centuries one day, depending on his longevity.

Comment

• Originally Posted by RaveDave View Post
          Hopefully Ronnie pummels Higgins in the Masters where it matters. Higgin's integrity is shot to shreds after the sting. He went from being one of the sports most respected professionals to a fraud. I really don't understand how you people can like him. I guarantee you now Higgins will never win a future AAA event. Not because he lacks talent compared to Ronnie which is obvious but because of his own guilt.

To many Rave's Dave
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
            Wow, didn't realise that one.

With that in mind, you think he would have won a few more prestige tournaments. Still time to come though.
            I think it shows just that this isn't exactly the best statistic to determine the greatness of a player. Making a century is just one of different ways to win a frame.

Comment

• If told before the season I probably wouldn't have believed that Cao Yupeng would reach the final of a ranking. But it's true now and he won deservedly today.
              He will be at least world number #56 after this tournament. Another chinese player moving up the rankings this season.

Comment

• Well played to Cao Yupeng, I didn't see this coming after last night's performance, and certainly not before the start of the season, but for some reason he has finally managed to make a real breakthrough now. A bit lucky at times today, and he certainly took advantage of the very generous table on a couple of shots, but it was a good performance all in all. :smile:

Very much looking forward to tonight. :smile:

Comment

• Cao is 16th on the 17/18 ranking list. Next season he'll shoot straight up the rankings. If Trump won today he would have overtaken Ding in the rankings (3rd). If Higgins wins the tournament he'll be only 20k behind Trump (4th).

Comment

• Great win for Cao Yupeng. Congratulations. If someone didn´t see it then find the 6. th frame on youtube. It was a really great break from Trump with 6 balls placed akward and black and pink out of play.
                    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                      That article is being shared all over snooker groups and some people just won't accept it. I'm guessing they are all Sun readers who didn't understand all the big words.
                      Sun readers don't understand short words either.

Comment

• I watched the Trump v CAO game today and think Joe J had a gap of about 3 seconds where he didn’t speak Jeez! Nice guy but does he realise he will still get paid if he doesn’t commentate on every single shot.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Hope Robertson wins this. I reckon he feels sick watching Selby pull away from him + Murphy in their little 'rivalry' - it'll be great seeing him back to true form.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            I watched the Trump v CAO game today and think Joe J had a gap of about 3 seconds where he didn’t speak Jeez! Nice guy but does he realise he will still get paid if he doesn’t commentate on every single shot.
                            I think he's a terrible commentator tbh lol. Eurosports coverage is brilliant and feels modern in so many ways, other than him being the main voice. No disrespect to the guy. I've seen a lot of the players mock him on twitter before as well.

Comment

• I´ve never seen Neil Robertson play as fast as he does at the moment.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                                Yeah, but not the Scottish Open.
                                Fair enough. :smile: And I was wrong about the year as well, Higgins actually won the Grand Prix in 2008. :redface:

By the way, I disagree with all the hate directed at Joe Johnson recently. His commentary is not perfect, but I personally find it quite enjoyable. I don't think he talks as much as some people are suggesting, nor is he particularly negative. But I guess we all have our preferences... :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X