Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gibraltar Open 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gibraltar Open 2018

    Draw: http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=656

    Withdrawals: Ding, Murphy, Maguire, Swail, Carter, Bingtao.

    Stu first match broadcast tomorrow vs Andrew Higginson 9,30am Paris time.

    James Cahill, Barry Pinches and Jamie Cope made it through the qualies rounds.
    Last edited by motorhead; 9th March 2018, 06:06 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by motorhead View Post

    James Cahill, Barry Pinches and Barry Pinches made it through the qualies rounds.
    Nice. Let's hope Barry Pinches doesn't have to play against Barry Pinches to early.

    Comment


    • #3
      On a sidenote: It is once again ridiculous to have this event as a ranking event. Hawkins, Wilson, Brecel, McGill and Bingham are the only players of the Top 16 to feature there.

      For some players this tournament bears a meaning though. Cao, Lisowski, Perry and Hang have the chance to qualify for the Players Championship with a tournament win.

      Comment


      • #4
        No towels being supplied for the players in the arena...
        Which makes me question.
        Should players be supplied with towels or provide for themselves?
        ---
        As an amateur I always carry a towel in my case. So why should the pros have this notion that a towel will be made available to them?
        It also seems that the promoter of this event is not letting the players know in advance that they have to bring their own towel which is unacceptable as they're all staying in hotels with every guest room full of hand towels!
        ---
        Crazy
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JimMalone View Post
          Nice. Let's hope Barry Pinches doesn't have to play against Barry Pinches to early.
          Haha was supposed to be Jamie Cope, edited. Thanks.

          Comment


          • #6
            Grace-Woollaston 1st frame lasted about 1h40min and was like 1 min short of second longest frame ever.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JimMalone View Post
              On a sidenote: It is once again ridiculous to have this event as a ranking event. Hawkins, Wilson, Brecel, McGill and Bingham are the only players of the Top 16 to feature there.

              For some players this tournament bears a meaning though. Cao, Lisowski, Perry and Hang have the chance to qualify for the Players Championship with a tournament win.
              Not much they can do if players pull out, its not something as daft as the shootout regardless

              Comment


              • #8
                Michael Annison @CueActionBlog
                4m
                Andy Hicks into the last 32 in Gibraltar. Similar situation to Cope now in that he should be secured for an EBSA play offs place next month.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Didn't even think hicks still played.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by narl View Post
                    Not much they can do if players pull out, its not something as daft as the shootout regardless
                    That's true of course. But they wouldn't pull out if the tournament was of more significance in terms of ranking points and prize money.
                    Still on the other hand it's obviously also good to see that there are many tournaments to see and to me it's also kind of interesting to see who of the "lesser" players can take advantage of this and what impact it has on the rankings.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by the lone wolf View Post
                      ry a towel in my case.
                      You seem like a guy who always knows where his towel is

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gavpowell View Post
                        You seem like a guy who always knows where his towel is
                        I always know where my towel, my chalk, my tip tool, sandpaper and...
                        ...What a sec.
                        Yes my cue is also in my case
                        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019
                        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by the lone wolf View Post
                          I always know where my towel, my chalk, my tip tool, sandpaper and...
                          ...What a sec.
                          Yes my cue is also in my case
                          I suppose you could always have a Macgyver/A-Team-style crossover, in which you turn up without your cue but manage to craft a new one from sandpaper, chalk and a towel..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That match between Lisowski and Vahedi was really entertaining. They're both fast, talented players. If you can catch it on the highlights or wherever I'd definitely recommend it. I love watching Lisowski play, fast and furious!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                              That match between Lisowski and Vahedi was really entertaining. They're both fast, talented players. If you can catch it on the highlights or wherever I'd definitely recommend it. I love watching Lisowski play, fast and furious!
                              Yep good match
                              Up the TSF!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X