Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Womens Worlds...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by fkhan View Post
    The video does not work on my mobile phone. Is it due to restrictions here? Please advise.
    It doesn't work because the championship is over I think. It was all last weekend.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by jonny66 View Post
      It doesn't work because the championship is over I think. It was all last weekend.
      Ok thanks.
      Looking for perfection is the only way to motivate yourself.

      Comment


      • #18
        It's a shame that you didn't give me a chance to answer your questions about me before rubbishing me on here. However in answer to your thinking that I would report you, I would never report anyone let alone someone doing a snooker room that I think is brilliant!!!! In fact i was the one that gave you a heads up about the neighbours getting upset about you building the snooker room and was talking to them to try to calm them down so that they don't cause trouble for you. I am glad that you have moved into my old house and are a lovely family but also you must understand that I am also grieving as in the space of 32 hours 5yrs ago both my parents died which left me on my own after caring for both of them for 10yrs. It was a difficult time for me as I have good and really bad memories of that house. I am not a cocky person and have always let my snooker speak for me or my dad when he was alive, therefore I find it awkward to push myself and was merely waiting for you to ask me. Unfortunately every time I seen you I had my dog with me and you didn't ask me to come back after taking my dog home, that's all it was. No bs or jealousy, just dodgy health and circumstances just weren't on our side but hopefully now you will understand me better and if you want help with snooker I will gladly help you.

        Comment


        • #19
          Sorry to hear your sad news; and I hope that this conversation will turn to a blossoming friendship.

          Welcome to TSF
          Up the TSF!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Angela Jones View Post
            It's a shame that you didn't give me a chance to answer your questions about me before rubbishing me on here. However in answer to your thinking that I would report you, I would never report anyone let alone someone doing a snooker room that I think is brilliant!!!! In fact i was the one that gave you a heads up about the neighbours getting upset about you building the snooker room and was talking to them to try to calm them down so that they don't cause trouble for you. I am glad that you have moved into my old house and are a lovely family but also you must understand that I am also grieving as in the space of 32 hours 5yrs ago both my parents died which left me on my own after caring for both of them for 10yrs. It was a difficult time for me as I have good and really bad memories of that house. I am not a cocky person and have always let my snooker speak for me or my dad when he was alive, therefore I find it awkward to push myself and was merely waiting for you to ask me. Unfortunately every time I seen you I had my dog with me and you didn't ask me to come back after taking my dog home, that's all it was. No bs or jealousy, just dodgy health and circumstances just weren't on our side but hopefully now you will understand me better and if you want help with snooker I will gladly help you.
            Hi Angie
            Yes, I am a bit ashamed I got the wrong end of the stick.....or cue! I meant to delete this all when I found out who actually reported me and that it wasn't you. I want to openly apologise on here to you (even though I have already spoken to you but thats how sorry i am) and I hope we can be friends. x
            Burroughes and Watts full size table with steel block vacuum cushions and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth
            Formerly Bill Werbeniuk's practice table in the 1980's
            1G Amarith balls used by Ding Junhui in 2017
            8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House

            Comment


            • #21
              Well this was all a bit unfortunate. BUT, we all confuse situations and get things wrong. Hopefully no hard feelings, just some more good life lessons for us all!
              WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
              Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Contact: steve@bartonsnooker.co.uk
              Website: www.bartonsnooker.co.uk

              Comment


              • #22
                Hi Angela, I should apologise to you because I just read my last post and used the word sulking so sorry about that. Not the best choice of words but it wasn't meant to be offensive and as I suspected you're a nice, reasonable person and I'm sorry about the loss of your parents. This thread wasn't started with any malice and as you can see it was kept light hearted so I hope you guys do become good Snooker mates and I see more of your posts here. After all this is a good place to be for a Snooker fan and you must have some very interesting stories! Did you ever play Karen Corr? It sounds like your father sparked your interest in the game so if I may can I ask more about that?
                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

                Comment


                • #23
                  Thanks for the apology or should I say apologies lol. Like you have said to me personally and on here, which I really do appreciate, you made a mistake and circumstances conspired to confuse things even further for both of us. So as I am a very reasonable person ��Lol and I have learned life is way too short to allow misunderstandings to ruin what will hopefully become a good friendship. You can become grasshopper to my master (if I can remember what to do after so so so long) if you wish too��
                  Anyway that's the last I will comment on this as its now been sorted phew!!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Welcome to the forum madam.
                    Looking for perfection is the only way to motivate yourself.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      In answer to your question about me playing Karen Corr, yes we had many a battle not sure how many lol. I was a very quick player and a good potter if I do say so myself!! I remember her being a good potter and pretty quick too, so it was like a shootout great fun and we always loved a challenge. I really loved to just go for my shots and break build and use an occasional safety shot which I think aged my poor parents at the time. My dad would often ask me why I didn't play a particular safety shot but sometimes I just didn't see them which would drive him crazy lol, but on the other side of the coin he would be extremely happy when I got the pot and finished the game!! Don't know how he didn't have grey hair but managed to keep it black. I liked Karen and her parents were lovely too, our parents often sat together and passed the time while waiting for the next match.
                      Sorry about rambling on but it was nice remembering good times.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Thanks for the welcome to the forum!!
                        I will explore the rest of the forum soon, as it brings back great memories of winning and not so great memories of losing

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          How did the business with the council go? Have you had to demolish your snooker room?
                          王可

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Also, Angela, I will PM you once you have got enough postings.

                            Have you seen we have a forum specifically for WLBSA? It is moribund. There used to be a man whose daughter played who would post frequent postings, but he doesn't any longer.
                            王可

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Angela - please feel free to ramble as much as you like!
                              The old stories are old stories because they are told and lost lost forever if not!

                              "tell away" you have an eager audience here
                              Up the TSF!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DeanH View Post
                                Angela - please feel free to ramble as much as you like!
                                The old stories are old stories because they are told and lost lost forever if not!

                                "tell away" you have an eager audience here
                                I can second that Dean. I love hearing stories from players gone by. I visited Frank Sandell a while back and enjoyed many of his stories from the past and his days with Allison Fisher and also Ronnie when he was a nipper (Ronnie, not Frank!).
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X