No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can a player playing as badly as Higgins be leading?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
      How can a player playing as badly as Higgins be leading?
      His safety game was excellent for the most part so far.

Comment

• Kyren thinks it's Xmas, and he's Santa....

Comment

• Damnit, I thought 7-7 was a certainty. Staring at numbers on livescore doesn't give you the best overview of the match.

Comment

• Originally Posted by doorag View Post
            Damnit, I thought 7-7 was a certainty. Staring at numbers on livescore doesn't give you the best overview of the match.
            Nothing is a certainty the way these two are playing at the moment although it was a good break by Wilson in the last frame.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
              Nothing is a certainty the way these two are playing at the moment although it was a good break by Wilson in the last frame.
              Yep, but he has done that before this session.....

He has a strange cue action, which I've only noticed it at the WC's. He has a pause about an inch or so AFTER the start of the shot ie after the backswing pause. For more powerful shots it is just slow, but for ore gentle ones it is a stop\pause. (I'm guessing at it being a cunning plan to keep him accelerating through the CB.) In earlier matches it was clear, distinct and confident: this time it is a tad blurry, and he is playing poorly.

Comment

• Originally Posted by doorag View Post
                Damnit, I thought 7-7 was a certainty. Staring at numbers on livescore doesn't give you the best overview of the match.
                The problem with livescores in snooker is, that they don't show you how the balls are placed on the table.

Comment

• What a chance Kyren has missed there, he could have been a good few frames ahead if he'd taken advantage.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• do you think wilson will be happy with 9-7?

Comment

• This must feel a bit similar to the first session for Kyren Wilson. With Higgins making almost no relevant breaks he must have felt to have a good chance to get at least even this morning and maybe even get a 9-7 lead. He will surely feel disappointed. But I think he has the right head to be not long obstructed with this and stay calm, knowing it's only halftime.
                      But this is the thing with Higgins. Even when he is not scoring he has other chances to win some frames.

A big question for me is, if this was just a weak session by Higgins or if his fitness begins to leave him. If it's the latter Wilson surely will be the favorite.

Comment

• So John has had his bad session in this match already. Still Kyren did not win the session even though he had the run of the balls in quite a few situations. This should be an exciting session to come this evening.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Sparks147 View Post
                          do you think wilson will be happy with 9-7?
                          No I don't. I'd be surprised if JH let a 2 frame lead go in the final session and his form surely has to improve.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by Sparks147 View Post
                            do you think wilson will be happy with 9-7?
                            Absolutely not, he played the best snooker of the session at times and Higgins was totally out of sorts but he managed to fail to exploit the chance he was given. Higgins might not play any better this evening but it is hard to imagine he will play worse so Wilson has just wasted perhaps the best and certainly an excellent chance to get in front.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                              A big question for me is, if this was just a weak session by Higgins or if his fitness begins to leave him. If it's the latter Wilson surely will be the favorite.
                              Yes, is he just running out of steam? But if he can claw his way past Kyren tonight, he'll have a good day's rest before the start of the final.

EDIT: I know, I know.

-
                              Last edited by PatBlock; 4 May 2018, 12:44 PM.
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                                Yes, is he just running out of steam? But if he can claw his way past Kyren tonight, he'll have a good day's rest before the start of the final.

-
                                He is not likely to win tonight, he needs all 8 frames.

Comment

Working...
                                X