X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    I did similar way back when...
    Oooh, I get you now.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Great sport Hawkins. I wanted a Higgins-Williams final, but I don't want Hawkins to lose.

Comment

• Didn't work for Cliff Wilson, but worked wonders for Fred Davis one year lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Rook View Post
          Great sport Hawkins. I wanted a Higgins-Williams final, but I don't want Hawkins to lose.
          This is exactly the way I feel.

Comment

• Phew. Hope he wins...

Comment

• I feel sorry for Barry who played at least as good as Mark, but it is a classic match in the final...WOW.
              "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• What a final this is going to be. 20+ years since both turned pro and they are still playing so well and in the biggest tournament of the season.

Comment

• That was some proper midnight snooker. :smile: Some great shots from both players, but very fragmented in terms of scoring, with both players finishing with a pot success below 90% in the end.

Williams could probably do with a bit of a rest now, but there is not much time before the final starts. Big advantage to Higgins I think, at least on the first day. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                    Don't know what's happened to me in my old age, but I honestly can't watch close matches when it involves a player I really want to win.

I have to flick channels for 15 minutes or so, and then check back, as seeing the score updated in such a way is less painful than watching it unfold.
                    I'm exactly the same. I prefer not to have the stress and just watch the last few frames later once I know the player has won. (if he wins)

This year it hasn't been a problem, because I'm not that big of a fan of any of the semi-finalists.

Comment

• I feel really pity for Barry Hawkins. Led the whole match until 15-15.

But I also feel pretty nostalgic. The 2000 World Championship was the first one I really followed. And I remember that semifinal between Williams and Higgins as a great match. Now 18 years later they will face each other in the final.

The two played each other three times at the Crucible, always in the semifinal. Williams won in 1999 (17-10) and 2000 (17-15), while Higgins won their last duel in 2011 (17-14).

Comment

• That was some match, well played Mark

Comment

• Don't know how he'll find energy reserves for tomorrow, that was a marathon.

Comment

• Amazing match. I'm really looking forward to the final.

The final is really important from a historical perspective. If Higgins wins he joins O'Sullivan at five titles and further cements his status as a peer of Hendry, Davis, and O'Sullivan. (5+ club)

If Williams wins he joins Selby at three titles and creates a group of three (including Higgins and Selby) just below the big three of Hendry, Davis, and O'Sullivan.

If Higgins wins I think there is a very good chance that somebody (O'Sullivan or Higgins) will eventually join Davis on six titles.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                              I'm exactly the same. I prefer not to have the stress and just watch the last few frames later once I know the player has won. (if he wins)
                              Yes, I often do likewise. As a massive snooker fan it's silly to miss out in such a way, but matches like that create a tension that's uncomfortable for me.

I'm trying to resign myself to him losing the final, what with John having had almost a full day's extra rest, but I dont know how I'll be if it goes close again.
                              Last edited by Billy; 5 May 2018, 11:05 PM.
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Well what a match.

Superb, shame there has to be a loser. Looks like the oldies aren't too old!
                                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X