No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame for Barry i was hoping it would go to a last frame decider, but well played Mark knocking the long pink in when it mattered, he pulls out some pots when he needs to, not to mention a few swerves.

Enjoyed this semi much more than Higgins/Wilson as for the final I think Williams is the man to beat Higgins, but either way i'm thinking it will be a close match.
    Last edited by CueAntW147; 5 May 2018, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Barry must be gutted to lead for 30 frames and then lose it.

I think a last frame would have left them both without any nails.

The final will certainly be interesting, Higgins definitely has an advantage by finishing earlier today.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• That one shot along the cushion that Hawkins played in the 27th frame basically determined the outcome of the match. If he makes it he goes up 15-12 and there really is no way back for Williams. He misses it and Williams gets back to 14-13 and he was the better player from there.

And he missed that shot by a tiny amount. There really was nothing to choose between the players.

Comment

• And to finish, an 'in his prime' Glen Campbell concert on BBC Four to help me unwind.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
            That one shot along the cushion that Hawkins played in the 27th frame basically determined the outcome of the match. If he makes it he goes up 15-12 and there really is no way back for Williams. He misses it and Williams gets back to 14-13 and he was the better player from there.

And he missed that shot by a tiny amount. There really was nothing to choose between the players.
            Tough choice but a bit unlucky especially as he potted virtually the same shot a little later.
            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              And to finish, an 'in his prime' Glen Campbell concert on BBC Four to help me unwind.
              Thanks on it now from start...

Comment

• Williams is going to have a tough task to be ready for the first session, Higgins might get away to a significant lead. But will Higgins go the distance? I would not be surprised if the second day of the final is just a step too far for both of them.

Comment

And to finish, an 'in his prime' Glen Campbell concert on BBC Four to help me unwind.
                  He's not Gordon Loghtfoot though

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                    He's not Gordon Loghtfoot though
                    No, but no one sings By the Time I Get to Phoenix like Glen.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• That friendly ''clap on the back'' from Williams, during the game, was such a high sentience act

Comment

For some reason I decided to watch the film on BBC2 after the snooker, starting to wish I hadn't but I've started now. Definitely not one for winding down.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

The two played each other three times at the Crucible, always in the semifinal. Williams won in 1999 (17-10) and 2000 (17-15), while Higgins won their last duel in 2011 (17-14).
                          This doesn´t mean so much. These 3 matches were short matches, just best-of-33; tomorrow match will be best-of-35, much longer. These 3 matches were almost close to a Pot Black :P

Comment

• Do you think Higgins can get to seven worlds before he retires? Even if he paces himself for the Crucible each season?

Comment

• Originally Posted by johnhiggins4eva View Post
                              Do you think Higgins can get to seven worlds before he retires? Even if he paces himself for the Crucible each season?
                              Seems unlikely. If Selby does not return to his best that would improve chances as I don't think he will be beat Selby at his best in a final or semi-final, maybe in earlier rounds. However that means he plays one extra tough match.

Comment

• I feel for Barry Hawkins, he played superbly, showed true gentlemanship (there was no doubt before, of course) and is generally very likeable player). Well played!

And Mark Williams in the final, I cannot be more happy. My all time favourite player has stepped up and now plays in the world final, there is not much more to ask for. He can make it even better, obviously, and I think he will make it. I can see a close match 18 - 14 to Williams.

Comment

Working...
                                X