No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think these two early frames may already have decided this final. I don't see Williams losing from here.

Comment

• Agreed totally,as a contest this is heavily over,even though i am a Higgins fan in a wierd way i am enjoying this for i like Mark Williams as well.This is vintage Williams and yes he can win this title in this very session!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by cidermaster View Post
        This is vintage Williams and yes he can win this title in this very session!!!
        I would not mind that because I have to finish correcting the (German) A levels until tomorrow morning. A Williams win with a session to spare would give me some hours of sleep tonight...

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          I think these two early frames may already have decided this final. I don't see Williams losing from here.
          Same here - I just noticed the current score and can't for the life of me see Higgi pulling this off now ....
          Last edited by crocodile; 7 May 2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Mark has been so unlucky when going into the pack or just for a little nudge, almost never he finishes on a ball to continue the break .... it was same in the semifinal.

Comment

• Vintage Higgins that was! Still some hope for a close finish?

Comment

• I did wonder whether the table slap/shot would be a turning point, but Mark seems to have forgotten it. Still not beyond John to at least make a decent match of this tonight, surely Mark has to have a wobble or two? Whatever happens, it's been a classic as far as I'm concerned, fantastic to see Mark playing at his best again, maybe even better than, and some of those pots he's been pulling out are just crazy.

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Totally agree with you and must add that this is one of the best I've seen in years with two of the old uns.

Comment

• Some of those pots on the middle pockets by Williams have been absurd. "Best single ball potter in the history of the game."

Comment

• Those last two frames are why I admire John Higgins so much.
                      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• I can’t think of anything worse than Higgins winning another World title. Really routing for Williams.

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                          Those last two frames are why I admire John Higgins so much.
                          Good comeback by John. 3 frames the difference now.

Comment

• I am confused. I really dont know who i want to win this final. I am cheering for John when he is at the table...and when Mark comes around i want him to win. In fact it is a nice feeling...to watch this two legends play in the world final.
                            "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Against most opponents I'd really root for John to win this match, but I simply want Mark to win more.

Also I would love to finally have some good safety battles here.

Comment

• Higgins will win this IMO. He's hit form at the exact right time. I don't think Williams has the scoring to contain him now.

This frame was crucial.

Comment

Working...
                                X