X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blahblah01
    replied
    Or 6-6....

Shame that I'm out, watching Judd juddering under pressure has a certain...

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    If Higgins hadn't missed that black it would now be 5-6 instead of 4-7.

Leave a comment:

• qc2
    replied
    don't think Ding has it in him to ever win it. pressure will be greater with each year that passes and pressure at the worlds is his biggest issue. hard to catch when he's ahead but he doesn't mix it well enough with the best match players when he isn't

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Pretty pathetic attempt from Ding this morning, he was missing everything by a mile and never looked like he had any fight in him. Oh well, at least Hawkins played really well and will definitely be a big factor in the remainder of this Championship. :smile:

John Higgins twitching a little on the other table as well. I never expected him to miss that black, let alone miss it by as much as he did. Can Trump keep it up for once and not falter when Higgins inevitably starts coming back?

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    What a frame consisting the respotted black. Missed the straight forward black did Higgins. It was more due to the crowd shouting than pressure.
    Last edited by fkhan; 2 May 2018, 10:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rane
    replied
    So Hawkins is over the line and Trump pulling away. Quite a surprise to me that Ding collapsed so heavily.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Wow. What a costly miss by Higgins on that respotted black after that mistake of Trump.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Spectacular clearance by Trump in frame 10 to go 7-3.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    That's one of the worst matches I've ever seen by Ding.

Leave a comment:

• peterpackage
    replied
    Judd v Williams final, battle of the lefties

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    We will see in the next match. An issue so far for Hawkins was keeping his level over several matches.
    In 2015 he beat Neil Robertson in a fantastic match, but then ran out of gas against Murphy.
    In 2016 he beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in a fantastic match, but then lost to (an admittedly great playing) Marco Fu. But if I remember right Hawkins was not playing well in the first session.
    yep - all remembered and as I say, has he learnt from those experiences?

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    this is for Barry to lose now, - so far no signs of his crumbling like in the past
    has he worked through that now?
    We will see in the next match. An issue so far for Hawkins was keeping his level over several matches.
    In 2015 he beat Neil Robertson in a fantastic match, but then ran out of gas against Murphy.
    In 2016 he beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in a fantastic match, but then lost to (an admittedly great playing) Marco Fu. But if I remember right Hawkins was not playing well in the first session.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    this is for Barry to lose now, - so far no signs of his crumbling like in the past
    has he worked through that now?

Leave a comment:

• thai_son22
    replied
    Originally Posted by mcsilks View Post
    If any of the fancied players were playing like Hawkins, we'd be signing their praises and saying how brilliantly solid they were playing.

Hawkins gets some stick on here for the same reason Perry does. Because they play the percentage game and are unspectacularly solid.

Hawkins has proven he has the game to go far in this tournament, and in recent years, one might say he's been unlucky to drawn against eventual champions in the quarters and semis.

I really don't see any player left in this draw that can beat the Hawk this year. He's getting better and better, session by session and I can see why he's second favourite with the bookies.

He's playing the best snooker of his career to boot.
    Nope, nothing to do with that. Hawkins plays good, until he cracks under pressure. Nothing to do with percentage.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by mcsilks View Post
    If any of the fancied players were playing like Hawkins, we'd be signing their praises and saying how brilliantly solid they were playing.

Hawkins gets some stick on here for the same reason Perry does. Because they play the percentage game and are unspectacularly solid.

Hawkins has proven he has the game to go far in this tournament, and in recent years, one might say he's been unlucky to drawn against eventual champions in the quarters and semis.

I really don't see any player left in this draw that can beat the Hawk this year. He's getting better and better, session by session and I can see why he's second favourite with the bookies.

He's playing the best snooker of his career to boot.
    I'm with you on this. Hawkins plays just great. Again and again in the Crucible.
    I think though as stated before, everybody who is left can win this tournament.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X