2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    Not the greatest of matches but Carrington's still holding on so may end up a tense one if nothing changes.
    Its been absolutely shocking.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
      Its been absolutely shocking.
      Yeah it's not great snooker but I think it's gonna be tight unless one of them finds another gear.

Blimey those middle pockets are tight.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        I have an idea, maybe we at TSF could start a crowd-fund thingy to raise enough money to keep Mike Hallett in the style to which he is accustomed, so he'd never have to work, ever again. Surely there is no more worthy cause?

-
        I'm 58 years old and have watched sports on both sides of the pond my whole life. Baseball, hockey, football (both), basketball, curling, snooker, tennis, golf, athletics, auto racing, etc. Mike Hallett is just about the most annoying sports commentator I have ever heard in my life.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
          Yeah it's not great snooker but I think it's gonna be tight unless one of them finds another gear.

Blimey those middle pockets are tight.
          Are they? Well, it'd make up for the buckets in the corners, lol.

Definitely 2 contrasting matches tonight.

Comment

• I can't remember if it was this thread or another one where we chose the seed that the qualifiers would most like to draw. I chose Brecel and I stand by that choice. (Fu being the other candidate)

Brecel looks confused, distracted, perplexed, and like he just doesn't really believe he has any chance of winning this match. He's lucky to be behind only 6-2. It's sad to see because he's one of my favourite players.

Did he ever find his cue? I it still a cue issue or something else? He still makes too many boneheaded decisions. Not quite as many as he used to, but still too many. I really hope the first half of this season won't turn out to be the peak of his career, but I don't like how things are looking at the moment.
            Last edited by Stony152; 23 April 2018, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
              ....Mike Hallett is just about the most annoying sports commentator I have ever heard in my life.
              And inaccurate don't forget, wildly, incredibly, unbelievably inaccurate. Nice bloke though.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• I'm sure it was here and Fu, Brecel and Bingham(?) were the top 3?

Luca has been far better than I expected and has looked fluid yet kinda mature etc, but Walden has rocked, well bustled really well.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                  Are they? Well, it'd make up for the buckets in the corners, lol.

Definitely 2 contrasting matches tonight.
                  I reckon. Seen lots that look in the middles but the rubber catches it at the last minute; you could be right with the corners.

The Hawkins / Carrington game is certainly a dogfight.
                  Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                  Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                  Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Luca has been far better than I expected and has looked fluid yet kinda mature etc, but Walden has rocked, well bustled really well.....
                    Really? I don't agree. Both made a lot of mistakes. Brecel did play the correct defensive shot a few times, but he also went for a three ball plant and a couple of other shots he never should have gone for. He was playing at a completely different level before Christmas.

Comment

• So unlucky that Stu got that kiss on the brown denying him the pot on the green, we could've been 7 - 7, surely Barry's match now. Tense but enjoyable stuff this....

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Really? I don't agree. Both made a lot of mistakes. Brecel did play the correct defensive shot a few times, but he also went for a three ball plant and a couple of other shots he never should have gone for. He was playing at a completely different level before Christmas.
                        Agree with this. Thought he was going to push on, but he's been disappointing of late.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

I had low expectations

He got the 3 Ball plant?

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                            So unlucky that Stu got that kiss on the brown denying him the pot on the green, we could've been 7 - 7, surely Barry's match now. Tense but enjoyable stuff this....

-
                            Really not sure Stu looks to be in the zone.....

Comment

He got the 3 Ball plant?
                              Not even close.

Comment

• Great refereeing there! Calls a foul for no-ball-hit (which is his job after all) then the (supposed) offending player tells him that he did in fact make contact with the ball, and the ref says, "Okay, fair enough. No foul."

Maybe it's time to do away with refs?

NB: Slo-mo confirmed no foul.
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X