2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    So Trump's Last Frame Decider win rate goes above 45.6%....

Did anyone watch this on Eurosport? Who was the coach going on about Judd's technique? I have been saying similar for long enough to have bored myself....
    What did he say? Something about it letting him down under pressure?

Comment

• Carter needs to stop missing shots like that blue. He has been playing well but a few missed shots have cost him frames.

Comment

• McManus is ok as a commentator but chucks in some weird chat from time to time. referred to the crucible as a fertile garden last night.
        Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
          McManus is ok as a commentator but chucks in some weird chat from time to time. referred to the crucible as a fertile garden last night.
          Must of got his tip wet last night

Comment

• I like McManus a lot. He's good at setting the scene without the usual generic cliche's that we get from others. 5-3 is deserved for Carter. ROS not really been at the races and anytime Carter missed, he'd leave ROS with a 'tricky' shot (or a double) which the latter hasn't been good enough to deal with.

Slightly worrying for Ronnie that he's started poorly in both matches. I'm thankful this is first to 13 because I see Carter hitting 10 first.

Comment

• I thought they both looked reasonably good at the start but both went downhill a bit after that, however Ronnie definitely was playing the worst by the end so Carter deserves his lead.

Comment

• Ronnie's century was top draw. I don't think you can read too much into the first session of a three session match. 5-3 either way or 4-4 makes little difference.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ManiaMuse View Post
                  I remember one year that Ronnie won it after not playing much he was mightily relieved that he wouldn't have to go through qualifying the next year (and would also be granted a place at the Masters despite not being in the top 16).
                  Didn't he need to win a particular tournament a few years back to not have to qualify for Crucible (German Masters? or something) and at one stage was 4-nil down to someone in an early round, came back to win 5-4 and won the tournament and just qualified for Crucible?
                  Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                    Ronnie's century was top draw. I don't think you can read too much into the first session of a three session match. 5-3 either way or 4-4 makes little difference.
                    yep, very early days
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Won't get to watch any today until the evening session but really looking forward to the final session of Perry v Allen. Top half of the draw has really opened up so the winner of this will really fancy their chances of getting to the final

Comment

• Originally Posted by richiet View Post
                        Didn't he need to win a particular tournament a few years back to not have to qualify for Crucible (German Masters? or something) and at one stage was 4-nil down to someone in an early round, came back to win 5-4 and won the tournament and just qualified for Crucible?
                        Yeah, that was in the 2012 German Masters. O'Sullivan trailed Andrew Higginson 4-0 in the opening round, and Higginson somehow managed to snooker himself in the following frame when he was something like 50 points ahead with an easy table to clear up. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          Yeah, that was in the 2012 German Masters. O'Sullivan trailed Andrew Higginson 4-0 in the opening round, and Higginson somehow managed to snooker himself in the following frame when he was something like 50 points ahead with an easy table to clear up. :smile:
                          Yes and that was after 2-3 years of not winning much at all. For some people these things just happen :-)

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                            Unfortunately, despite being a huge snooker fan, I rarely play and have no real connection to the snooker scene here. If the tournament is in Warsaw, there are a variety of places where you can play. There are probably numerous options in cities like Krakow, Gdansk, and Poznan as well.

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=poo...d_loc=Warszawa
                            Thank You, I will do some research on this. Cheers
                            I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

• That is how you punish a mistake, Hawkins looking in top form.

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                                McManus is ok as a commentator but chucks in some weird chat from time to time. referred to the crucible as a fertile garden last night.
                                Ooh, man, AM should be a writer! He has a wonderful way with words

He was weighing up the pros and cons of a safety shot on the colours in the match last night, and said, "I think he should be parking the green here."

And then, after a very accurate pot, "Oooh, he's middled it!!" :biggrin-new:
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X