2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    seen him play and he has a really nice manner at the table, hope he can do well

Would be first Polish player at the Crucible I think
    I saw him once play Selby in some qualifier this season. Think he has quite a good game.

Yeah, he surely would be.

Comment

• Can actually see some spectators
      Good to see; I recall WS some years ago saying that "no-one would want to watch Qualifiers"
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I Thought the Jackson Page Yan Bingtao would be closer, nerves maby be getting to Jackson, but 6-3 at the end of the first session is not bad, still time to come back this evening
        Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
          I Thought the Jackson Page Yan Bingtao would be closer, nerves maby be getting to Jackson, but 6-3 at the end of the first session is not bad, still time to come back this evening
          I think you are overestimating Page a bit. He has talent, but he is just 16 and he has only won one sole match this year on the Main Tour. Against Sean O'Sullivan at the Welsh Open. Now he is playing a guy, who is probably among the Worlds best 20 players. A victory by Page here would be an huge upset.

Comment

seen him play and he has a really nice manner at the table, hope he can do well

Would be first Polish player at the Crucible I think
            It would be huge for snooker here in Poland if Stefanów (ste-fah-noov) got to the crucible. The sport has really gained popularity here in the last 10 years because of all of the Eurosport coverage. Not a lot of people play, but cue sports in general are fairly popular. The word bilard is used as a general term the same way pool is used in Canada and the US. Most people play 8 ball, but many watch snooker on TV. Probably similar to Germany in that regard.

Kacper Filipiak won the European under-21 title in 2011 as a 16 year old and O'Sullivan called him a future great player, but so far it really hasn't happened for him. He's still young and has time on his side.

Comment

• did you manage to find out? im after the same info

Comment

• Originally Posted by TESHRW View Post
                did you manage to find out? im after the same info
                which post are you referring to?
                You can use the "Reply with Quote" (PC) or "Quote" (on App) to display the previous post

Comment

which post are you referring to?
                  You can use the "Reply with Quote" (PC) or "Quote" (on App) to display the previous post

Healy
                  Healy is offline Junior Member

vCash

I may be asking in the wrong section, however I'm wondering if you can predict the dates/tables (1 or 2) for the games. I know the top half is on Table 1 and bottom half on table 2 but any information on the schedule apart from that? Dates and session times?

This post, think I didnt reply properly, sorry!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Healy View Post
                    I may be asking in the wrong section, however I'm wondering if you can predict the dates/tables (1 or 2) for the games. I know the top half is on Table 1 and bottom half on table 2 but any information on the schedule apart from that? Dates and session times?
                    Originally Posted by TESHRW View Post
                    Healy
                    Healy is offline Junior Member

vCash

This post, think I didnt reply properly, sorry!

see the following page and click on the "Format" link for a PDF of match and table schedule
                    http://www.worldsnooker.com/crucible-draw-format/

edit - if you click on "Draw" you will see the match numbers as well

aligned with the "Sessions" match number information from the "Betfred World Championship 2018" listing (not yet available and wont be until Quals finished), you may be able to get an idea of who will be playing when and where
                    http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/
                    Last edited by DeanH; 13 April 2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

see the following page and click on the "Format" link for a PDF of match and table schedule
                      http://www.worldsnooker.com/crucible-draw-format/

edit - if you click on "Draw" you will see the match numbers as well

aligned with the "Sessions" match number information from the "Betfred World Championship 2018" listing (not yet available and wont be until Quals finished), you may be able to get an idea of who will be playing when and where
                      http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/
                      thats great, many thanks for the links

Comment

• Originally Posted by TESHRW View Post
                        thats great, many thanks for the links
                        no worries
                        welcome to TSF

(well done on the quoting :wink: )

Comment

• I just rewatced Liang's missed black for the second maximum, I think he got unexpected big bounce off the cushion when he potted the blue, hence got a worse position on pink, which cost him in the end. Really a shame.

As for the surprises so far, there were not many, only Yupeng and Joyce (Duffy is better than his rankings suggest, though) sticks out maybe. Some good performances with a lot of big breaks already, but some scrappy matches too. Anthony Hamilton had over 40 seconds average shot time, while this opponent had 35 seconds or so. It is a little bit too much, in my eyes.

Comment

• Nice to see Jamie Cope playing in the WC qualifiers. Haven't seen him playing for a while. I heard he had the yips and unfortunately came off the tour. He's a talented player.

Comment

• Free stream for bingtao page match please?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jimev View Post
                                Free stream for bingtao page match please?
                                Try
                                https://sportstream365.com/other

Comment

Working...
                                X