• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
    I cant c trump winning another frame..
    Say again

Comment

• Trump was critical of Walden's shot to middle bag, then proceeds to attempt full length double on 're-spotted black - eh!
      Highest break to date? 1

Comment

• What a session that was between Trump and Higgins!

Comment

• Ding is the new Jimmy White,destined never to be World Champ.And yes a really good match between Higgins and Trump,i still go for 13-10 to Higgins

Comment

• Originally Posted by cidermaster View Post
            Ding is the new Jimmy White,destined never to be World Champ.
            He will be when he manages to win 6 WC semifinals...Not there yet.
            Last edited by Stormwatch; 2 May 2018, 01:09 PM.
            Come on Jimmy!!!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Stormwatch;961849]He will be when he manages to win 6 WC semifinals...Not there yet.[/QUOTE

Poor Jimmy if it wasn't bad enough having lost in all those World Finals now Ding is trying to take away his Greatest Player never to win the world title crown as well !

Comment

• Originally Posted by mcsilks View Post
                If any of the fancied players were playing like Hawkins, we'd be signing their praises and saying how brilliantly solid they were playing.

Hawkins gets some stick on here for the same reason Perry does. Because they play the percentage game and are unspectacularly solid.

Hawkins has proven he has the game to go far in this tournament, and in recent years, one might say he's been unlucky to drawn against eventual champions in the quarters and semis.

I really don't see any player left in this draw that can beat the Hawk this year. He's getting better and better, session by session and I can see why he's second favourite with the bookies.

He's playing the best snooker of his career to boot.
                Hope you are right as I slapped a tenner on Hawkins pre tournament at 22/1.
                ( Also had Robertson too at 12/1 ).

Comment

• Ding. Love watching him play but just couldn't produce.

Comment

• I’m all for controlling the louts in this sport, but I sometimes wonder if the referees constant calls of “Quiet, please!” and “Thank you!”, every time there’s so much as a murmur in the crowd, is in danger of killing the punters’ enthusiasm for the sport.

People must remember how ‘alive’ snooker crowds were back in the early to mid 80s. It sometimes feels like they should be issuing seat restraints and mouth zips on entry.
                    Last edited by Billy; 2 May 2018, 02:36 PM.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by djax View Post
                      Trump was critical of Walden's shot to middle bag, then proceeds to attempt full length double on 're-spotted black - eh!
                      Trumps a wee tadger, how he can be critical of anything considering his hit and hope 50mph shots that end up with him getting a fluked pot, a safety or a snooker is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        I’m all for controlling the louts in this sport, but I sometimes wonder if the referees constant calls of “Quiet, please!” and “Thank you!”, every time there’s so much as a murmur in the crowd, is in danger of killing the punters’ enthusiasm for the sport.

People must remember how ‘alive’ snooker crowds were back in the early to mid 80s. It sometimes feels like they should be issuing seat restraints and mouth zips on entry.
                        That younger foreign referee is especially bad for it, has dark hair and looks to be in his late 20's, can't recall his name offhand but he usually sounds pretty snappy when calling for order.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                          That younger foreign referee is especially bad for it, has dark hair and looks to be in his late 20's, can't recall his name offhand but he usually sounds pretty snappy when calling for order.
                          Emmanuel Ekhart or something.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I’m all for controlling the louts in this sport, but I sometimes wonder if the referees constant calls of “Quiet, please!” and “Thank you!”, every time there’s so much as a murmur in the crowd, is in danger of killing the punters’ enthusiasm for the sport.

I agree it was very alive with players like Alex Higgins, Jimmy White etc the crowd feeding off the style of play and the rivalry between players, made it all the more exciting, with refs " sensibly " keeping control, not killing it, that's why i'm hoping Judd can beat Higgins as with Ronnie gone as well it seems a little bit flat.

You need a contrast the peoples champions v the likes of Steve Davis, Hendry, John Higgins etc, i'm not sure the crowds are having much to shout about at the minute, maybe a few more close matches might help, my favourite game so far has been Wakelin v Judd, great atmosphere.
                            Last edited by CueAntW147; 2 May 2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Emmanuel Ekhart or something.
                              Marcel Eckardt
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                                Originally Posted by Billy View Post

I agree it was very alive with players like Alex Higgins, Jimmy White etc the crowd feeding off the style of play and the rivalry between players, made it all the more exciting, with refs " sensibly " keeping control, not killing it, that's why i'm hoping Judd can beat Higgins as with Ronnie gone as well it seems a little bit flat.

You need a contrast the peoples champions v the likes of Steve Davis, Hendry, John Higgins etc, i'm not sure the crowds are having much to shout about at the minute, maybe a few more close matches might help, my favourite game so far has been Wakelin v Judd, great atmosphere.
                                Well said , could not agree more. Any purist who disagrees is simply selfish as they probably won't a televised game to watch in the future.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X