No announcement yet.

2018 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a great line-up. Interesting fact is that the 4 semifinalist are the 5th, 6th,7th and 9th seeded players.
    In the first semifinal i think Higgins will find some energy to push Wilson all the way and win the semifinal. As he said after the quarterfinal he feels great and he is not sure how many times he will have that feeling, so i think he will give everything in this match. Wilson is playing great at the moment but Higgins is not Allen, who lost his form after The Masters and never got past the second round of the World Championship in the last 8 years (except this year of course). So i think Higgins will prevail and make the final.
    In the second semifinal the two players are both in great form atm. Williams was consistent all season, he won 3 tournaments (including the 6 red) and made the semis in another 2 tourneys, as for Hawkins he really likes this tournament and raises his game for the occasion. Should be a cracker and i fancy Williams to win mostly because i would love to see him winning another world title.
    "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Originally Posted by mcsilks View Post
      I strongly think it'll be a Hawkins-Higgins final, a real one for the connoisseurs of the game.
      Isn't that another way of saying it's going to be a long, boring match?
      Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

• wow wow mayday mayday for Wilson. lost three finals this season first session...what has he learned.
        i think his backhand to tight....but expected it to come late in match

Comment

• That Trump Higgins match was superb they both played as snooker should be played 2-0 to Higgins in his semi now,Wilson cannot afford to go behind badly in this first session

Comment

• BBC now started those f****** slow mo shots of the players after a miss. *FUMES*
            Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Hendry was correct when he compared these tables to a 9 ball table. The corner pockets are bordering on being ridiculous.

Comment

• Wilson will do well to get out of this session 2-6
                Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

Hendry was correct when he compared these tables to a 9 ball table. The corner pockets are bordering on being ridiculous.
                  Not according to onamista, apparently Hendry's opinion is null and void where he's concerned, that's despite seasoned ton players I've talked to who have played in ptc's say the pockets are like buckets this year.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                    Not according to onamista, apparently Hendry's opinion is null and void where he's concerned, that's despite seasoned ton players I've talked to who have played in ptc's say the pockets are like buckets this year.
                    Anyone who follows snooker can see it for themselves. A ball cannot go in after it has hit the cushion first; and if played at any pace a ball should never go in after hitting a pocket knuckle. Both have gone in with consistent regularity throughout this tournament.

I would suggest that onamista doesn't know what they are talking about.

Comment

Anyone who follows snooker can see it for themselves. A ball cannot go in after it has hit the cushion first; and if played at any pace a ball should never go in after hitting a pocket knuckle. Both have gone in with consistent regularity throughout this tournament.

I would suggest that onamista doesn't know what they are talking about.
                      That's the same thing i say, but a few pages back he want on a ramble about how its down to cloth etc, apparently a 7 time world champion hasn't a clue what he's talking about.

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...925#post961925

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                        BBC now started those f****** slow mo shots of the players after a miss. *FUMES*
                        Ha ha ha, just did another one with Higgins missing that red, is there any need ???

Comment

• The mistake in last Higgins´shot was the decision. Why didn´t he defend there?

Comment

• Was speaking to Graeme Dott and he reckons the bags are huge this year and Hearn just wants the public to see balls being potted.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cesard View Post
                              The mistake in last Higgins´shot was the decision. Why didn´t he defend there?
                              Higgins seems pretty aggressive at this World Championship. Already against Trump he took on some pots where I actually expected him to play a safety. Especially cause he was clearly superior in the safety department.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
                                Was speaking to Graeme Dott and he reckons the bags are huge this year and Hearn just wants the public to see balls being potted.
                                Yup, anyone that's been watching a while can see there's plenty of balls going in that shouldn't, but seems some are too busy drinking the commentator kool aid that the pockets are as tight as a ducks arse.

Comment

Working...
                                X