Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you. Love this forum sometimes 😂

Comment

• Talent of these lads at such a young age is scary. Stick 5 years experience onto either and you've got a hell of a player. Shame they couldn't both qualify as both would bring so much to the table at the crucible.

Comment

• 2018 World Championship

Page coming back since this morning but Yan showing no nerves (if he ever did )
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by jimev View Post
          Thank you. Love this forum sometimes ?
          Only sometimes?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
            I just rewatced Liang's missed black for the second maximum, I think he got unexpected big bounce off the cushion when he potted the blue, hence got a worse position on pink, which cost him in the end. Really a shame.

As for the surprises so far, there were not many, only Yupeng and Joyce (Duffy is better than his rankings suggest, though) sticks out maybe. Some good performances with a lot of big breaks already, but some scrappy matches too. Anthony Hamilton had over 40 seconds average shot time, while this opponent had 35 seconds or so. It is a little bit too much, in my eyes.
            Hamilton seems like a lovely chap and I will support him for that, but he is painstakingly slow. I don't really understand this thing where only players with a low average shot time are considered "interesting". It doesn't really make any sense if you understand the game, a terrible shot is a terrible shot, doesn't matter if it took 5 seconds or 50 to make it. Same goes for a great shot.

Comment

• Favourites are 36-6 with King and Greene in a decider. There will be some great matchups in the 2nd and 3rd round of qualifying.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                Originally Posted by Hal View Post
                I just rewatced Liang's missed black for the second maximum, I think he got unexpected big bounce off the cushion when he potted the blue, hence got a worse position on pink, which cost him in the end. Really a shame.

As for the surprises so far, there were not many, only Yupeng and Joyce (Duffy is better than his rankings suggest, though) sticks out maybe. Some good performances with a lot of big breaks already, but some scrappy matches too. Anthony Hamilton had over 40 seconds average shot time, while this opponent had 35 seconds or so. It is a little bit too much, in my eyes.
                Hamilton seems like a lovely chap and I will support him for that, but he is painstakingly slow. I don't really understand this thing where only players with a low average shot time are considered "interesting". It doesn't really make any sense if you understand the game, a terrible shot is a terrible shot, doesn't matter if it took 5 seconds or 50 to make it. Same goes for a great shot.
                Because there's no need to take that amount of time, it's gamesmanship to frustrate the opponent, horrible to play against and awful to watch.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                  Because there's no need to take that amount of time, it's gamesmanship to frustrate the opponent, horrible to play against and awful to watch.
                  Agreed professionals are good enough to play at a faster tempo, slow methodical players can only harm viewership.

Comment

• Some harsh words after the decider. King seemed very upset and said something about "showing respect" I didn't quite catch the whole conversation. Is there any history of bad blood between the two?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                      Some harsh words after the decider. King seemed very upset and said something about "showing respect" I didn't quite catch the whole conversation. Is there any history of bad blood between the two?
                      Greene seemed to reply "you were doing my head in"!!! Mustnt get along!!
                      Blown away

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                        Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                        Agreed professionals are good enough to play at a faster tempo, slow methodical players can only harm viewership.
                        I'm not having a go here, but can I ask how old you guys are?

It's just when I were a lad, snooker was all about personalities.

Also if you are so mentally weak that you can't wait a few seconds for your opponent to play a shot, you shouldn't be (and probably aren't) on the professional tour.

Comment

Also if you are so mentally weak that you can't wait a few seconds for your opponent to play a shot, you shouldn't be (and probably aren't) on the professional tour.
                          Dont think age is relevant here. Didn't say I was on the tour tho I play to a fairly decent standard since you care lol...but were talking about PROS playing too slow being bad for the game....cant say I know too many people that enjoy watching or playing against players like that. Not trying to be disrespectful but I think its a very fair thing to say. Most of the people I know that play and watch pool tell me they dont like watching snooker though they always tune in for players like Ronnie and Trump for that reason.
                          Last edited by OmaMiesta; 14 April 2018, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                            Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post

I'm 34, some players are naturally slower but some deliberately play slow to knock their opponent out of their rhythm, by the time most players would of won the frame these players are still on 20 so you're kept off the table, longer you're off the table the more chance your concentration has to falter, it's why Selby, Robertson, Ebdon, Carter etc slow down to a snails pace when in trouble because it works!

Comment

• Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
                              Greene seemed to reply "you were doing my head in"!!! Mustnt get along!!
                              Mark King was complaining that Greene did not say sorry after a fluke and Greene said he had not done so for years.
                              King then said it was disrespect and about showing respect.
                              Greene then replied that IT does his head in, saying sorry, not Mark King.
                              King then finished by wishing him good luck and hoping he did well.

Nothing in it really, King did not look very upset to me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
                                Mark King was complaining that Greene did not say sorry after a fluke and Greene said he had not done so for years.
                                King then said it was disrespect and about showing respect.
                                Greene then replied that IT does his head in, saying sorry, not Mark King.
                                King then finished by wishing him good luck and hoping he did well.

Nothing in it really, King did not look very upset to me.
                                Great 10-9 win For Gerard Greene over Mark King, Mark King did well to come back from 9-6 down to take the match to a decider. The 1997 world Champion Ken Doherty for Gerard next, with the winner to face either Yuan Sijun or Matthew Stevens for a place at the Crucible. As for apologising for the fluke a member of our local pub pool and darts team said you never apologise or say sorry for a fluke, you just say I never meant that.
                                Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Working...
                                X