Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark
    replied
    Being in Australia I went to be bed with Williams being 3-0 up and then I have woken up to find Higgins just getting back to 7-7. So I have seen 6 frames and Williams has won them all.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    2018 World Championship

I think he was after a bottom cushion first to split the pair. I hope

Leave a comment:

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    I'm baffled why John chose that shot even thought it was almost certainly going to knock the brown in. It looked like he was banking on the brown jawing but that's still an undue risk which isn't his style. I hope he tightens up tomorrow and plays the percentages more.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    I think 10-7 to Williams is an ideal result heading into tomorrow. Should be a thriller.

Leave a comment:

• cally
    replied
    Lol at front row Brian wearing a Coventry t shirt..

Leave a comment:

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    If they share the next two frames and tommorow afternoon is even I could see it being a midnigher in the final session. If it remains tight I can see them both drilling down and it becoming a slug fest. I hope so because for the first time ever I've had to work this weekend and tomorrow so have missed all the afternoon sessions. I swapped shifts with someone months ago without realising.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    Do not let ROS in the commentary box, he is ultra bad. The way he emphasizes on pronunciation is not natural quite often and he does not speak like that normally, I have seen enough interviews with him after he won a tournament to state that. And cliché after cliché .... let him stay in the studio, where he does fairly well. Not every good player will be a good commentator and it applies here in my opinion.
    Ditto for Steve Davis.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    I think a few shots by Williams could qualify for trick shots. He makes them so easily.

Leave a comment:

• Hal
    replied
    Do not let ROS in the commentary box, he is ultra bad. The way he emphasizes on pronunciation is not natural quite often and he does not speak like that normally, I have seen enough interviews with him after he won a tournament to state that. And cliché after cliché .... let him stay in the studio, where he does fairly well. Not every good player will be a good commentator and it applies here in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Why does getting up off the shot after an interruption, and preparing to play again, make one a 'consummate professional' ?

It's an instinctive reaction - hardly something you should need to teach someone.

Leave a comment:

• MrRottweiler
    replied
    Can't believe John took on that double then. They are always risky and he's usually more cautious.

Leave a comment:

• cally
    replied
    Not good for the next gen of players though...

Shouldn't be seeing these lads in the final now.
    Don't get me wrong, its nice to see.. But it shouldn't be happening..really!

The class of 92 won't ever be repeated.. Unfortunately..

Leave a comment:

• cesard
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

20 years ago, after the 1998 World Championship the rankings were those:
    1. John Higgins
    2. Stephen Hendry
    3. Ronnie O'Sullivan
    4. Ken Doherty
    5. Mark Williams

20 years later it will look either:
    1. Mark Selby
    2. John Higgins
    3. Ronnie O'Sullivan
    4. Judd Trump
    5. Mark Williams

or

1. Mark Selby
    2. Ronnie O'Sullivan
    3. Mark Williams
    4. John Higgins
    5. Judd Trump
    Wow! Amazing :O

Leave a comment:

• attilahun
    replied
    John looks tense and uncomfortable. I think he is feeling the pressure more than Mark.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    The great thing about this final is you don;t know who is going to end up the Champion.
    Williams has this, imho - but yes to your other comment about "Class" but I'd use words like Battlers or Matchplayers as opposed to the "potters" of today....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X