Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    a reminder for those with digital systems (UK), the BBC Red Button Channel is the following numbers so you don't have to do the actual red button on the remote
    and you can record, pause, etc.
    Freeview channel 601
    Freesat channel 981
    Sky channel 980
    Virgin Media channel 991

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    In theory there could be a conclusion in every Session from this evening, and is what Bazza has said that wants, but it doesn't happen?

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Tradition is that the holder plays and finishes on Day 1 but the other starting match does not - don't know why?
    Yeah, I find this to be a fine tradition. They can and should keep it. But I think the other match that starts in the first session as well, could be ended tomorrow morning or at least in the afternoon.

BTW: Front Row Brian bowed to the new rules and is there in a shirt.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    It's a bit strange that Fu and Lyu start their match already this morning, but only finish it tomorrow evening.
    Tradition is that the holder plays and finishes on Day 1 but the other starting match does not - don't know why?

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    It's a bit strange that Fu and Lyu start their match already this morning, but only finish it tomorrow evening.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Well if you bet on Selby, Allen and Wilson then you should have a QF, unless Murphy recovers from near death\paralysis :wink:

In theory Hawkins is a QF Banker, and could face Day rather than Ding - admittedly he would need someone to beat ROS to get to the Final.

With Ding and Higgins having looked rather dodgy\susceptible lately; Selby only kind of back in form (I don't think he looked that good in China, bar one match and Woollaston should have won, ie been 5-1 up not 3-3) and with a tough Quarter; and ROS looking knackered in China it could be the year of the next tier?

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Can they be Value Bets when they are in the same Quarter as Selby?
    That's a good point. I didn't really consider their place in the draw. Still, 28 to 1 means it only has to happen less than 4% of the time to show a long term profit. If you are betting on them to win it really doesn't matter if they have to beat Selby in the 2nd round or in the final. In fact, it can be argues that it would be easier to beat him in a best of 19 than in a longer match.

Leave a comment:

• Tommykiid
    replied
    I remember Judd being confident for the title and loved seeing it because you don't see it in snooker and then that loss he will never be let forget happened

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    Odds to win at one of the popular betting sites. I think Selby as great value at 7/2. Those odds suggest he has a 2 in 9 (22%) chance of winning. I think it's much higher than that. Wilson and Allen at 28 to 1 also seem like value bets to me,
    Can they be Value Bets when they are in the same Quarter as Selby?

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    I wonder when that photo was taken. Some players don't start until next week, so you'd figure they might still be at home and not hanging around Sheffield.
    There is some sort of "Do" or Press thing before: last year Trump said something about "taking snooker to a new level"....

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Cheap start to the tournament for me - a couple of matches I'd pay to see are scheduled for morning sessions, Ronnie is tomorrow afternoon and will be permanently sold out, and there are a quite a few dull sounding matches(Selby vs Perry, Carter vs Dott) I'll keep my powder dry for the second round I think.

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Odds to win at one of the popular betting sites. I think Selby as great value at 7/2. Those odds suggest he has a 2 in 9 (22%) chance of winning. I think it's much higher than that. Wilson and Allen at 28 to 1 also seem like value bets to me, while O'Sullivan is at 9/4 only because many casual fans bet on him and the line adjusts to that. I think the true odds are more like Selby 3/2 and O'Sullivan 4 or 5 to 1.

O'Sullivan - 9/4
    Selby - 7/2
    Trump - 7/1
    Higgins 11/1
    Ding - 12/1
    Robertson - 14/1
    Williams - 20/1
    Hawkins - 22/1
    Murphy - 25/1
    Allen - 28/1
    Wilson - 28/1
    Day - 33/1
    Bingham - 33/1
    Maguire - 80/1
    Lisowski - 80/1

Everybody else is 100/1 or more.

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    I wonder when that photo was taken. Some players don't start until next week, so you'd figure they might still be at home and not hanging around Sheffield.

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    He was taking the photo
    I never thought of that.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    He was taking the photo

Leave a comment:

Working...