No announcement yet.

Changes to Crucible Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems dumb to have some kind of "fashion police" on the door, as said this is 2018 not 1918, trying to enforce some sort of dress code just seems to be a backwards step.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Hopefully get dressed properly
      To be fair he's spent plenty of money on tickets over the years so should be able to wear what he wants, it's his Coventry shirts that have got him noticed so anyone not knowing about the dress code this year will be asking " where's that bloke in the Coventry shirt this year " lol

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        gavpowell - I have merged the two threads you started
        I wasn't aware I had started two threads! Sometimes the forum times out for me though, so maybe something weird happened.

The daft thing with the new rules is the only time I've seen it is on the Worldsnooker website, which I was only visiting by chance.

Comment

Anyone remember the guy who would sit in the front row in 1983 wearing a top saying "ON THE EIGHTH DAY GOD CREATED ALEX HIGGINS"?

Comment

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
            To be fair he's spent plenty of money on tickets over the years so should be able to wear what he wants, it's his Coventry shirts that have got him noticed so anyone not knowing about the dress code this year will be asking " where's that bloke in the Coventry shirt this year " lol
            I know who you mean now

Comment

That's front row Brian buggered then ehh
              Took the words right out of my mouth!! I had planned on getting a t shirt saying 'Coventry are sh1t' but that's gone for a burton!!
              Last edited by thommo335; 16 April 2018, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Front Row Brian has told his local paper that he's going in his Coventry shirt anyway and will see what they do about it.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                  Front Row Brian has told his local paper that he's going in his Coventry shirt anyway and will see what they do about it.
                  Well I hope they keep to the new rules and refuse him entry, he needs to grow up and dress his age
                  Football shirts are for teenagers not grown ups lol

Comment

Well I hope they keep to the new rules and refuse him entry, he needs to grow up and dress his age
                    Football shirts are for teenagers not grown ups lol
                    It's tradition along with all the other Crucible traditions, Cov Brian always wear's his Coventry Shirt ....;-)

Comment

I know sod all about football (and proud of it ha ha ha) I assumed it was a Sheffield United or Wednesday shirt he wore

Comment

This dress code thing reminds me about Steve Davis talking about Alex Higgins, he said when the new relaxed dress code came in and players didn't have to wear a tie/bow tie, that would have been the only time Alex would have worn one.............lol
                        Last edited by CueAntW147; 16 April 2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Changes to Crucible Rules

just a thought. ....the dress code is at the request of the 'event promoter'. is this bet Fred or world snooker???
                          If its bet Fred as the sponsor I can appreciate they don't want visible audience members advertising rival online betting companies on shirt fronts. Maybe the 'smart' thing is a subtle way of avoiding free advertising for other companies not tied to the event.

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                            just a thought. ....the dress code is at the request of the 'event promoter'. is this bet Fred or world snooker???
                            If its bet Fred as the sponsor I can appreciate they don't want visible audience members advertising rival online betting companies on shirt fronts. Maybe the 'smart' thing is a subtle way of avoiding free advertising for other companies not tied to the event.
                            I wouldn't be at all surprised. good call.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                              Well there will be an empty seat then !
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                                Bet Fred are the sponsors... I assume its Matchroom who are the promoters?
                                #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Working...
                                X