Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    I do watch on Eurosport Player when not on Sky British ES, sorry don't know of any other sources.
    I did a quick look myself on Player and the selected ion screen that often appears does not today

decider
    I was about to say it must be just before midnight and then the commentator said it

Leave a comment:

• Guitarnolife
    replied
    Hmm thanks Dean didn't know that but looks like I'm unlucky. Do you watch it on Eurosport? Or do someone know a source with commentary?

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    The tension in this match is incredible.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Loved that frame, 9-8

Guitarnolife, sometimes if you click on the selection image again it sometimes has one without commentary and sometimes with.
    good luck

Leave a comment:

• Guitarnolife
    replied
    Haven't watched the final until now, cause they both played quite poorly yesterday. Hoping for a decider though.

Bit disappointed that there's no commentary available in ES player.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    somedays I wish I had taken that lip-reading course!
    That missed black in the 14th frame could be very costly for Selby. Was on his way to a 8-6 lead, now he's 7-8 down.
    Higgins in the mood to punish every mistake again.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    somedays I wish I had taken that lip-reading course!

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    My guess would be that no other pairing in history has had as many re-racks as Higgins - Selby. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Excellent first session, with the pressure and then the response to that pressure visibly shifting from player to player. I've no idea who's going to cone out on top but I'm certainly looking forward to finding out.

-
    Yeah, the tactical battles were fantastic, just as you expect between those two. Higgins wasn't that strong when in the balls though, that he leads 5-4 speaks volumes of his very strong safety game. Selby will be disappointed as he played more fluently when in the balls (that 82 in the 2nd frame was a great break), but is still behind.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Excellent first session, with the pressure and then the response to that pressure visibly shifting from player to player. I've no idea who's going to cone out on top but I'm certainly looking forward to finding out.

-

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Not a great standard this morning, unfortunately. It only became a little more interesting when Lyu started coming back at the end, but even then he couldn't get any closer than 5-3. Not a great sign for Higgins that he made such hard work of the match, because Lyu was really struggling. Hoping for better this afternoon. :smile:

And just to restate my favourite complaint... The local referee must have said "Lyu Haotian" out loud a hundred times today, so I really don't know why the commentators can't just repeat it the way she says it. Why do they have to butcher it so badly? At least Hendon won't be commentating in the afternoon, so I don't have to hear him refer to Zhao Xintong as "Zhao Yintong" all day. :wink:
    That’s the beauty of players like Higgins. They can win matches even with their B game.

Leave a comment:

• motorhead
    replied
    ah Selbs mention the plant he played saying he couldn't miss it: https://www.facebook.com/WorldSnooke...ref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARCuNGv7hMdxGp4z4kA8q8ICRUjRr_XM-y8yP4lyTiDupjr5OBc6HKEFnMGvT8kYpbflWGLXJcgzmIxtbBs-pgm2eo13NE-TAg0Kp5AwCNt0h-P_Udm0AGXH8t9eWclfbPm5gm2aLKSo-dksAjf3VjjiTLW2E3L8vrLfEHL563nRAVhmfipMjIvFqrtajbY YSWPk5xrR6-SdW9Faqa8sDDH-Ih7jpBn5rjs4BZqBWhI

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    It's one of my favourite pairings as well, but I'm actually not expecting anything particularly special tomorrow. I think Higgins has played fairly mediocre stuff in this tournament so far, and he can probably count himself a little lucky to have mostly come up against real outsiders. If he wins tomorrow, it will probably be one of the most underwhelming performances to win a major ranking event in all the time I've been watching snooker. You can say most of that about Selby as well, but I still get the impression he could potentially find another gear when he needs it.

Selby to win 10-6. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    I'm sure there are many who would disagree with this, but I'm not one of them. Looking forward to what should be a fascinating final.

-
    For me as well. Love both players.

You can't never rule out subjective feelings of course, but also from a more general point of view this has to be one of the best duels there is. Two all-time greats in persona of a four-time- and a three-time world champion, the current number one. There's really only Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Williams, who belong in the same category.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    John Higgins vs. Mark Selby in the final, it doesn't get better than this....
    I'm sure there are many who would disagree with this, but I'm not one of them. Looking forward to what should be a fascinating final.

-

Leave a comment:

Working...
X