X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Yes, you are not likely to see him doing anything crazy on a snooker table. Kind of like Yan Bingtao and Zhou Yuelong, they all have a pretty mature and measured game for players so young.

Zhao Xintong, on the other hand, is a complete opposite, with a shot selection that reminds me of Brecel more than anything. It will be interesting to see him play this afternoon, it's been a while for me. I wonder if he is still the same player he was last season. :smile:
    Yeah, but with Lyu the change has been more recent. I remember seeing a match of him against Selby roughly a year ago. He was potting great, but taking on some difficult shots, where I thought he really shouldn't go for them. But at the World Championship and now here again he showed that he has developped very, very well in that regard.

Let's hope Zhao can make this transformation as well.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Good win for Lyu. He didn't have his best day, missing many pots and making only one break of +50 points I think. But despite this he found a way to win and this is a very important quality, especially for a young player. His all-around game is really improving I think.
    Yes, you are not likely to see him doing anything crazy on a snooker table. Kind of like Yan Bingtao and Zhou Yuelong, they all have a pretty mature and measured game for players so young.

Zhao Xintong, on the other hand, is a complete opposite, with a shot selection that reminds me of Brecel more than anything. It will be interesting to see him play this afternoon, it's been a while for me. I wonder if he is still the same player he was last season. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Good win for Lyu. He didn't have his best day, missing many pots and making only one break of +50 points I think. But despite this he found a way to win and this is a very important quality, especially for a young player. His all-around game is really improving I think.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Judd vs Higgins. Exciting quarter final that!

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    At least the other promising match of the "morning" session (at least over here in Europe) turns out as a close contest. Lyu and Murphy both are not playing their best, but they are levelled at 3-3.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Yan was definitely out of sorts today, I cannot recall seeing him ever play that poorly?

Murphy appears to have a weight in the butt joint of his cue?

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Sadly not a good performance by Yan Bingtao today. He doesn't seem very comfortable today.
    I think after his stellar ascent he finds himself now in a territory, where it is much harder to improve and he still hasn't the level to challenge the elite players constantly.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    well done Yuan Sijun against Ding - into the last 16 for the first time and beating Ding for the first time
    He tried his best to lose it, didn't he? :smile: That easy red in the penultimate frame when he was already past snookers required, then giving away foul points, then missing a couple of relatively easy pots from distance, and then another wasted chance in the decider when he only need a couple more reds... He has had a reputation as a dangerous young player for some time now, but his pressure play today is not the best sign. Then again, he is even younger than Yan Bingtao, so still plenty of time to mature as a player. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    well done Yuan Sijun against Ding - into the last 16 for the first time and beating Ding for the first time

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Ding vs Yuan
    what a fluke for that Green for Ding!
    come on Yuan

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Wow, dott beats Robertson.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Good result from Mark Kiing in beating Mark Allen 5 - 1 .

Dotty putting up a great fight against Robertson . 4 - 2 up at the moment .

Leave a comment:

• the_unrepentant
    replied
    Good to see Selby being a bit more fluent and confident. His game has been nothing short of bizarre lately so this is refreshing to see. I hope he keeps it up.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Higgins is through on the decider.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Great result for Martin O'Donnell against Tom Ford , some much needed ranking points for him .

Met him a couple of times , comes across as a very nice guy .

Was using a Robert Osborne the last time I saw him .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X