English Open 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    A bit harsh?? "Do you play at all?" That's harsh? Really?

-
    To be fair, I read it in the sense of "Christ, do you even play at all?" -may have been totally misinterpreted but that's how I took it first time!

Comment

• I didn’t watch the match but after reading the report on the BBC website I was expecting a slight and barely perceptible brush of the cue.

But he absolutely walloped it. There’s literally zero chance that he didn’t notice it (and I’m saying this as a huge and thoroughly disappointed fan).

Comment

• There's no way Ronnie didn't feel the foul. Disappointing if so, seemed guilty as well at the post match interview .

Comment

• Originally Posted by QuickDraw View Post
          There's no way Ronnie didn't feel the foul. Disappointing if so, seemed guilty as well at the post match interview .
          I thought the same, but thinking about it logically, if he did notice it during the game, would he make them show the replay 3 times in the studio? Also would he not have realised tv would pick it up?

It seems odd he couldn’t have felt it as it looked like a pretty significant contact, but is it possible that under extreme concentration and using the rest he genuinely didn’t notice?

Whilst strange, I can’t really see any upside in any snooker pro trying to deliberately cheat, they would know they would get picked up.

Comment

• Same reason anyone cheats in any sporting contest, to win. Doesn't happen a lot in snooker but it does occasionally happen and this is one of those times. It was cringeworthy when he was watching it back and pretending not to see.

Comment

• Interestingly a lot of pro’s are supporting him on Twitter, Perry, King, Robinson, Selt and others.

If those guys believe him then tbh I trust their judgement over mine!

Comment

• Personally I don’t trust their public judgement more than mine in this instance.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
                  Same reason anyone cheats in any sporting contest, to win. Doesn't happen a lot in snooker but it does occasionally happen and this is one of those times. It was cringeworthy when he was watching it back and pretending not to see.
                  Agree.

As much as he says it doesn't bother him, I think it's starting to get to him the pressure of trying to overtake Hendry's 36 ranking titles and 7 worlds imo.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nicorabi View Post
                    Agree.

As much as he says it doesn't bother him, I think it's starting to get to him the pressure of trying to overtake Hendry's 36 ranking titles and 7 worlds imo.
                    He noticeably feels the pressure in the Worlds, but I think he’ll ease past 36 ranking events, maybe even this season.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                      A bit harsh?? "Do you play at all?" That's harsh? Really? I took a look at your profile, couldn't see your highest break anywhere, so assumed you don't, but thought I'd better ask as it clearly pertains to the point in hand. Forgive me.

Why are people so easily offended these days?

-
                      I find this question offensive

Comment

• Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                        If the ref that helps with the re-positioning of the balls when a miss is called (assistant ref?) spots a foul can they stop the game under the rules?
                        The Marker can only assist if requested by the referee, they cannot announce anything.
                        The opponent can claim a foul, did Luo notice the foul at the time? I assume not.
                        The rules state that any foul that is not notice by either player or referee before the next stroke it is condoned; i.e. no foul.

I missed it live yesterday so will replay today and watch the reactions and the body language, etc
                        [nothing else to do till 13:00 ]
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
                          Interestingly a lot of pro’s are supporting him on Twitter, Perry, King, Robinson, Selt and others.

If those guys believe him then tbh I trust their judgement over mine!
                          Tbh what else are they going to say really?
                          The post match interview was the final nail!

Comment

• Cheers DeanH.
                            I did try the replay in slow motion by did not notice anything I extra than when at full speed.

Comment

• Ronnie is not a cheat like a juiced up 100m runner. I think he honestly didn't notice the foul, if he did he would own up straight away. In the heat of the match, the adrenaline, pressure and when you're in the zone what matters is the cue ball and object ball. If you look at the replay he was looking at the object ball going into the pocket and also because he was using the rest he had to move it away when the cue came off 2 cushions into the direction of the cue and rest. Post match interviews, Ronnie did look embarrassed with the situation. The referee or the match officials should of seen the foul. Maradona "hand of god", who saw that? Everyone apart from the ref and linesman!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                                Ronnie is not a cheat like a juiced up 100m runner. I think he honestly didn't notice the foul, if he did he would own up straight away. In the heat of the match, the adrenaline, pressure and when you're in the zone what matters is the cue ball and object ball. If you look at the replay he was looking at the object ball going into the pocket and also because he was using the rest he had to move it away when the cue came off 2 cushions into the direction of the cue and rest. Post match interviews, Ronnie did look embarrassed with the situation. The referee or the match officials should of seen the foul. Maradona "hand of god", who saw that? Everyone apart from the ref and linesman!!!
                                Just because he has owned up previously does not mean that it is an impossibility for him to not own up in the future.

I don't know how anyone who has played a bit of snooker can honestly claim that he didn't notice that, I've done the same thing before and you notice it instantly even if you only brush it lightly. As I've said though, he leathered it. It's just not possible that he didn't notice, there's not even a glimmer of a chance no matter what the situation. Even if he had only lightly brushed it then he would notice it, but in this case he is bang to rights.

Comment

Working...
                                X