English Open 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    Yeah, his reaction to the replays was super weird. I still think when you watch the replay, he never knew he'd did it whilst on the shot. His eyes don't move at all... That would take a lot of effort to not even take a quick glance at what you'd just hit.

I might be wrong, but that's what I think anyway.
    That's spot on pottr, simple human nature to look and react at something you know you've just done.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Yeah, his reaction to the replays was super weird. I still think when you watch the replay, he never knew he'd did it whilst on the shot. His eyes don't move at all... That would take a lot of effort to not even take a quick glance at what you'd just hit.

I might be wrong, but that's what I think anyway.
      Originally Posted by vmax View Post
      That's spot on pottr, simple human nature to look and react at something you know you've just done.
      Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. When you say "That would take a lot of effort to not even take a quick glance at what you'd just hit...." And "simple human nature to look and react at something you know you've just done." Do you mean the pot or the foul? I assume you mean the pot, yeah?

-
      Last edited by PatBlock; 24 October 2018, 06:01 PM.
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. When you say "That would take a lot of effort to not even take a quick glance at what you'd just hit...." And "simple human nature to look and react at something you know you've just done." Do you mean the pot or the foul? I assume you mean the pot, yeah?

-
        No, the foul, if you felt it/saw it you would react. Neither player nor the ref saw it, only one of the commentators saw it and that was on the replay, all eyes were on the object ball on what was a difficult rest shot.

The reaction of people like yourself to this is extreme and unneccessary, a foul that went unnoticed is all it was, nothing more so stop justifying your dislike of the man, you wouldn't be saying this about anyone else.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
          No, the foul, if you felt it/saw it you would react. Neither player nor the ref saw it, only one of the commentators saw it and that was on the replay, all eyes were on the object ball on what was a difficult rest shot.
          OK I see what you mean. well I'm afraid for all the reasons I've already given, (and I think they're perfectly reasonable arguments) I just can't bring myself to believe that he was completely unaware of the foul, it would seem almosr like an act of faith to do so.

-
          The slow and labourious,

Comment

OK I see what you mean. well I'm afraid for all the reasons I've already given, (and I think they're perfectly reasonable arguments) I just can't bring myself to believe that he was completely unaware of the foul, it would seem almosr like an act of faith to do so.

-
            No one at the table noticed it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sealer View Post
              No one at the table noticed it.
              I'm not interested in what anyone else saw, just the multiple world champion, holding the cue, at the table, at the time.

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

I'm not interested in what anyone else saw, just the multiple world champion, holding the cue, at the table, at the time.

-
                He could have not noticed too.

Comment

-
                  It was a foul, it's the past now... Move forward!

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                    It was a foul, it's the past now... Move forward!
                    I know, I'm like a dog with a bone, sorry but it's an interesting situation and I'm merely responding to other people's posts, isn't that what a forum's for?

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Down Boy!

Comment

down boy!
                        grrrrrrr!

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                          ....all eyes were on the object ball on what was a difficult rest shot.
                          Not quite all, take a look at these:

As the red drops, eyes left.

Immediately after the foul, eyes right.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Yeah, his eyes move to see how the white squared up off the cushion.

He doesn't glance at the red he fouls.

Comment

Yeah, his eyes move to see how the white squared up off the cushion.

He doesn't glance at the red he fouls.
                              That's certainly one interpretation.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

That's certainly one interpretation.

-
                                Most people share that interpretation

Comment