No announcement yet.

English Open 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, guys. If you prefer to watch snooker online, you might go here: http://www.snookermatch.live/. I am running this site out of passion for snooker and I am trying to cover all tournaments. I gather streams found all over the internet, handpicked (to be safe).

Comment

Good to see Selby handling the shorter format better last night. Ok, not really a formidable opponent but he played very well and was very canny in his interview afterwards with the guys. I'd like to see him win one of these shorter format tournaments although it really is a bit of a lottery.
      Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

147 by Thepchaiya Un-Nooh, but not televised or streamed on Eurosport player

Comment

Originally Posted by dbeich View Post
          147 by Thepchaiya Un-Nooh, but not televised or streamed on Eurosport player
          I hate it when they do that, very inconsiderate!

well done Thepchaiya
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Damn, i wish that 147 was recorded. Nooh is just a delight to watch. Much like Xintong.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              I'm starting this thread, although I'm surprised there isn't one already. If I'm missing something (or it under a different title) then please move this post and delete the thread.

It's only a moan anyway. How can ES (or Quest in my case) not be aware of that almost constant crackling/buzzing over their coverage?? It's driving me mental - so much so I've had to hit the mute.
              dude, they are the most ignorant pieces of s*** on the planet. I have multible mailed, tweeted and the only ONE reply I got back was from one of the danish staff members, and they say its all fine and that im basically high on shrooms and hearing things that arent there... ill translation but seriously... they are arrogant and unprofessional. Buzzing from commentators headsets due to unearthed wiring or whatever, plus often the danish signal is MONO, for that old ass 80's sound we all hate... no wide sound from an audience clapping at all. Extra annoying when some tournaments make an actual effort in having mic's attached under the left and right corner nets (notice that at Worlds and Champion of Champions i think) they just de-value the whole production by their incompetence.

Comment

tbh i wouldnt care if he dropped off. He just doesnt do it for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by 147Daniel View Post
                  tbh i wouldnt care if he dropped off. He just doesnt do it for me.
                  can I ask who you are discussing?

Comment

Selby. For some reason , his magical safety powers just doesnt give me goosebumps . I like pretty cue techniques

Comment

Pocketsize... Where the pockets were playing quite tight in the Lommel event, these pockets at English Open (just like last year) seem to be playing fairly easy. Always Interesting how much it varies.

Comment

Selby. For some reason , his magical safety powers just doesnt give me goosebumps . I like pretty cue techniques
                        ah ha, understood

Comment

Pocketsize... Where the pockets were playing quite tight in the Lommel event, these pockets at English Open (just like last year) seem to be playing fairly easy. Always Interesting how much it varies.
                          well.... they all should be the same size and to template (we have all seen the footage of the steel blocks being squeezed into the pockets) - I think it is more to do with fitting of the cloths that contributes much to the variances

Comment

We have all seen that video yea. But on ONE table I think the opening/rounding of the pocket has something to do with it alongside the newer Star slates that arent virtical drop.

Comment

yep the fall is not completely vertical but does have a rounded edge... I am sure WPBSA had a say in the parameters of this
                              And the slates are the same going round the events; with a set of tables for Europe and another for China

Comment

Its also obvious that in the past before the slate change, they did undercut on the corners, but obviously had to deny it. But now the slate change seem to do the biggest difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X